39 | forever

"don't you think it's a bit gloomy today?" akari asked watching niki opening the front gate. 

"good afternoon, m'lady," niki grinned as he held her hand.

"good afternoon to you too," the girl in a brown hoodie and short skirt giggled.

"you look pretty," the taller ruffled her hair as they proceeded to walk.

"you didn't answer me though!" she pouted while swinging their hands which were intertwined.

"the weather is so nice! it's gonna rain hopefully," he chuckled and looked at her.

"I don't wanna get wet. let's go, quick."

"don't worry! the library's closer to here. gosh, you're so unromantic!" the blonde ran with the girl as she dragged him with her.

fortunately, they made it to the library before it started to rain. the library was quite big and it was completely empty. seemed like fate favored them this time.

"why's it so empty?" the brunette girl asked as she made her way to a table. niki just shrugged and smiled sheepishly. "you told them, didn't you?" akari softly hit the boy's arm jokingly. when the boy stayed silent, her eyes widened as she spoke out, "wait, you did?" she gasped as she put her hands before her mouth.

he nodded. "the owner is my uncle." he moved closer to one of the huge bookshelves. "which one do you wanna read?" he knew she wouldn't be able to reach that high.

the library had a small cafe on the second floor. the smell of coffee filled the room as the drops of rainwater's sound filled their ear. 

"how about I read your favorite book and you read mine?" she asked all excitedly.

"okay, i will bring them. it's on another shelf as i remember," he smiled at her before leaving her.

"wait, you know my favourite book?" she asked him as she didn't expect him to. as a reply he said, "ofcource, miss anonymous poet. why wouldn't i?"

she followed him around the library. "there you go,"  he placed his book in her hand.

"what's this book about?" she asked him curiously. "you need to find that out," he smirked.

there was this cold and comfort at the place akari couldn't find out why. was it because it was raining? or was it because of the smell of coffee and books? or was it because she was with niki?

after about 2 hours, the boy noticed the girl sobbing silently. "wait a minute, why are you crying? it's not even that sad!" 

"hey! it definitely is! look, the girl couldn't even confess before she moved to another city. and the boy is so clueless! this is so not nice," she pouted while putting the book down.

"okay, okay but don't cry," he giggled. "are you laughing that I'm crying over a book?" the boy stood up from the table as he ran from the girl who was chasing him shortly after he had laughed.

"stop! stop! I'm out of breath!" the taller mentioned while panting. "okay if you say so," she crossed her arms. the boy suddenly pulled her in his embrace. "let me get back the energy."

"what an excuse. just say that you wanna hug me," she giggled. "let's go upstairs to get our coffee," niki mentioned as the girl followed him.

the rain was nowhere to be done pouring when they decided to go home because it was getting late.

"do you like rain?" the boy asked as they stood outside the library.

"yes."

that's all he needed to hear before pulling her with him in the downpour. "niki!"

they both let the raindrops fall freely into their bodies as they both chuckled looking into each other's eyes.

"僕も大好きだよ (I love you too)" the boy exclaimed as she looked at her cluelessly. "why sudden japanese?"

"replying to the time you texted '大好きです' ( I love you)".

the second later they came closer to each other taking up the space their bodies left. the boy's hands cupped her cheeks. he let out a small chuckle as she did as well before pressing his lips onto hers.

his lips were warm and comforting even in the coldness around her. the raindrops did nothing but bring back the butterflies in her stomach. he tilted his head to the right side deepening the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his shoulder.

"you know why i believe in fate?" he said.

"why?" she looked up to welcome his face into her vision.

"because fate knew who to send those anonymous poems even when you didn't."

_______________________________

there y'all go 😭 the last chapter

anyways! have you guys watched our secret diary? cuz the movie's plot is soo good and my type like who knows? i could have written a story with that plot if i hadn't watched the movie lol