26 | front door

the car stopped infront of akari's house. niki was still debating with himself weather to wake her up or not. he has to anyways.

after calling her name for the eighth time, he was now thinking how he would take the girl to her room.

he took a deep breath. then again tried calling her name but it felt like the girl was still in deep sleep. even though she fell asleep not too long ago. she was tired.

he knew that her parents were already asleep. he couldn't call them anyway. what would he tell her parents? that she mistakenly drank? and now she is drunk?

since they knew akari was with none other than niki, their friends' son, they trusted him. it was not a big worry for them.

it was almost midnight when they reached their destination.

"will you wake up or do i just carry you?" he just stared at her hopelessly putting his hands on his waist.

"nevermind. you don't weigh too much. i can carry you," he said in a mocking voice.

with that being said, he opened the car's left door and proceeded to carry the girl on his back.

now he was carrying her in his back while she just rested her head on his shoulder.

the girl unconsciously mumbled. "why would he gift me such a pretty necklace?"

the blonde turned his head a little as he furrowed. "are you guys already dating or something?"

obviously not. she couldn't.

"nah," she chuckled. eyes are still closed.

"do you really like him?"

that shouldn’t concern him, right? but he can't help the fact that he's always been so nosy to the girl.

they had always been glued together since childhood. he knew everything about her so did she. even though everytime they used to play, there would always be a hassle between the two, not having a good end to the game.

it was partially his fault though. he liked to tease the girl a lot. he made her cry so much that now he can't bear to see somebody else making her cry. that felt wrong to him. as if he own the right especially.

"are you gonna answer? or pretend that you're dead?" he shook his head.

"you..are ALWAYS such a bother to me. can't you just leave me alone?" she shouted at him. it seemed like she was still not sober.

he abruptly loose the grip on the girl and let her fall.

"ouch!"

"as you said. i have left you alone. bye," he started to walk away leaving her flustered.

she got up and brushed herself. "niki," she made it in the right time to hold his wrist.

"what?" he turned around.

"you don't even deserve a thank you. but thanks."

he scoffed. "okay, you have some gratitude. i see."

"can you walk up to your room and climb the stairs? you can't even seem to stand properly," he said while crossing his arms.

he just followed her silently to the house.

"be careful," he hissed.

"you can go now. i can climb up to the stairs."

"no, i will just watch you enter your room and then i'll go. or if you fall your parents will blame me that i couldn't even take care of their daughter."

she rolled her eyes. "just tell me that you want me to be safe," she teased him and hit him in the chest.

he stood there as he watched her go up. "hey! i said be careful," he rushed to her as she tripped herself and would fall anytime. but luckily he held her from the back. his hands were placed on her waist. they both just looked at each other dumbfounded about what just happened before going to the same position.

"i- i told you!" his cheeks turned a little pinkish. but lucky him she couldn't see it in the dark.

she was left with no choice but to be glued with him till she went to her own room.

before leaving, niki hesitated to tell her something. he was meaning to tell her today. he can't back away now. he must do. it feels so wrong to him to not let her know. he was also a bit scared of how the girl would react.

and they couldn't make loud noises as her parents were sleeping. so he just decided to leave her. because he knew she would shout at him for that anyways.

"goodnight. sleep now. i hope i won't see your room's light still on at 3 am," he threatened.

gosh, who does he think he is?

she chuckled. "you stay awake till late night and now telling me this? ridiculous."

while walking to his house which was a 3 minutes walk from akari's he typed something in his phone.

"gosh. i'm so tired," akari changed her clothes and was about to go to bed when she noticed her phone light up with a notification.

-

imessege

sim jaeyun

sim jaeyun

i wanted to tell you this earlier but i couldnt so

you got the wrong number,
miss anonymous poet.

-

"nishimura riki!"

she hurried to her window as she aimed at his balcony. there he was,

grinning at her.

________________________

lol it was niki all these times 💀