Chapter 6 - Meeting Some Pro Heros

Pushing myself to write in first POV. - A.
_________________________________________

I let out an exhausted sigh, I barely noticed the cafe doorbell ring.

Yang still wasn't talking to me, but at least I was still stuck in our mixed appearance. I quietly held my hands down going over some of the signs that I would use. I still don't want to talk about using sign language.

"Hey hon!" I looked up seeing a woman in a purple jumper mating her hair color, she leaned against the register. I blinked at her before tilting my head.

Where was everyone?!

"Can I get a hot large chai-tea latte? That mopey black hair guy would like a small black coffee with no additives. And the blonde hair would like large cookies and cream frappuccino! I'll pay with my card," she pulled out a card pushing it towards me before I picked it up. "Thanks Hon!" She said once I swiped her card and handed it back.

I nodded before turning around and making everything, no one was here. Not Akari the gosh darn owner, Aoi, Kaito, Sou or even Himari! It was just me!!!!! With two pro heros? What a lovely day to be alive!

I probably would be cursing under my breath if I didn't have half of a mind not to. Yin and Yang are still silent not easing my mind at all.

Every moment that passed by felt like a ticking on the clock. It didn't help that the pain in my side kept on increasing. Every movement I made was slightly jagged. I would just bite my bottom lip and push through.

Fuck endeavor. Next time I'm really going to show him a piece of my mind. That finally brought a smile to my face.

I turned around, thankful that no other customers have entered. I put all three of their drinks onto one of those server trays and brought it out to them. It wouldn't hurt as the cafe was already super empty.

What time was it?

I paused for a moment as i was putting the drinks on to look at time. 8 something. I held back a sigh.

I turned around walking over to the pro heroes, I placed down each of their drinks remembering it by hair color. I couldn't help but bite my lower lip as a searing pain shot through me as I bent down and leaned over the table a bit as I sat down the drinks.

I turned around after giving them a smile walking back to my post by the register. I tapped my fingers against the table, Akari's lessons of sign language was helping. But he would always know morse code.

I zoned out, constantly beating my finger to the one word that was always engraved into my mind. That's one of the first words that I learned when I started learning Morse code.

H
E
L
P

H
E
L
P

H
E
L
P

H
E
L
P

H
E
L
P

"Hey, are you okay kid?" The black haired dude came up with the three empty drink cups in his hand. I blinked at him before quickly taking the drinks while nodding. I turned my back to Eraserhead, I knew it was him I always did.

It was weird that fact that he never changed out of his super hero cloaths but then again, he was a super hero always ready.

"You sure kid?" I turned and forced a smile. Purposely sqinting my eyes as I did so.

He narrowed his eyes at me. God damn it. Couldn't he just leave it alone! I know he is on my missing case, and I know that I see him on the streets sometimes. Well most of the time. But why does he-

I turned away putting my hands on the skink. I winced as another stronger wave of pain came over me. Shit. Did I get it infected? Dam it. Were is everyone. Why can't I just go into the back and just chill there?

I turned back around gabbing a towel as I went ahead and started to clean something.

"Alright... Just talk to someone if you ever need help..." I just nodded and smiled before he and the other pro heros left.

Thank God.

I slid down onto my knees, how much longer like this?

I asked myself, when were they coming and was constant questioning. I pulled my knees up to my chest, biting my nails. It took in a deep shaky breath trying to calm myself. It felt so similar. I do this every single time after one of those nights. Took another deep breath before getting back onto my feet.

I stood up turn around and walked into the back. I decided to make a French pastry, macaroons I think they're called. I whip up a batter, before shoving it into a tube. I made sure to spiral it on into a circular shape before tapping the tray lightly against the counter to even out any imperfections. I then went in with a toothpick to double check everything. I popped them into the oven putting on a timer.

I sighed, before finding something else to do. Maybe bake a cake yes, that should do.

I turn around and grab some circular pans before going over and whipping up some more batter but this time cake batter.

The sounds of the dishes banging against each other, the tick of the timer. And so many other different smells of the batter rising. It was all just so calming.

I didn't know how much longer it was going to take them to get back. I don't know how much longer I'm going to have to pilot the cafe alone. I should be good at least for now. Maybe one of them will come soon, maybe I'll get to pet Himari's dog.

He was an adorable Great Dane, and was a very sweet dog. And I think that Himari mentioned he also has some golden retriever in him. I think that's why Himari named him Golden. But then again he would also always call him the 'golden dog.' Which was also quite adorable.

The siblings Aoi and Sou were always coo over the dog. Neglecting their own duties. But honestly their manager also the owner of the cafe never really cared. She was just that kind of person, so kind and caring. It was such a stark contrast compared to what I'm normally used to.

I took another deep breath before exiting the back when I heard the doorbell ring again, I quickly glanced over at the time seeing that it was 11.

At that same moment the cafe phone went off. I smiled at the customers before going over and picking up the phone. The manager had called, Akari as she preferred them to call her.

She told him that nobody else was going to be able to come today. Aoi and Sou had caught a cold and Himari was getting some contact lenses to help. While Kaito had last minute family problems that caused them to cancel. And Akari couldn't come because she had issues with the cafe money expenses.

"It is perfectly fine to close early dear. Perhaps two hours after noon or maybe one, whatever suits you the best! Don't forget to take good care of yourself over the weekend and see you on Monday!" I spoke to her gratefully definitely going to take that one after noon.

I looked up before quickly going to each and every table getting their orders. It was mostly a blur of me working back and forth trying to distract myself, but yet it was quite easy as I enjoyed the joy of work. That was a special little something about me I always enjoyed working.

Perhaps as a way to get my mind off of the world, or maybe just for fun! Whatever it is I'm starting to sound like Yang.

Got to focus on my task!

I quickly rushed around ignoring my own stream of thoughts as I went through completed orders and would fix and wash tables once customers were gone.

I would always smile wave or write things down if they needed to talk. There's nobody too troubling this morning which was quite good for me at least. Not being able to communicate properly would definitely have been an issue with troublesome customers.

I certainly hope that the following days would at least be better, maybe. But at least a couple hours of rest and my daily schedule. I might go get a drink or something just something to cool down afterwards.

(1454 Words)
Not Edited