Chapter 5 - Patrol Night

Sorry I didn't post for a while, extra work and family really jumped at me... But I'll try to post at least 2 chapters this month! Also tried fist POV...
_________________________________________

We quickly put on our navy blue outfit, slipping on the helmet with little no difficulty this time around.

We then set off into the night, I found slightly unnerved this time around but yet I was still new to this so I didn't pay it any mind.

Wait a minute, why am I talking like this? I think I might have been listening too much to Yang. I'm starting to sound like him. I shook my head as I jumped from roof to roof.

I let my mind wander before I heard something whimper. It sounded more like a child than a dog, I quickly turned around darting off into that direction all three of us taking control to see what sort of threat has entered now.

Still talking like Yang! Yin giggled before quickly shutting up when we approached them.

I bet down by two kids, the moon still hanging bright in the sky. It showed me their scars and their injuries. They had glass and some of their wounds. Simply looking at it made my heart break. Why would people do this to children. But then yet again monsters existed.

I let out a soft sigh that was distorted as the brother stepped in front of his sleeping sister.

"He-ey now. I-I do-on't see-ak to hurt." (Translation: Hey now. I don't seek to hurt.) Yin spoke as softly as she could with the mask distorting her voice.

I was getting tired. I might just pull back soon and let Yin and Yang take full control. Although I did overall decide to stay awake for a bit longer to overwatch the situation. I didn't know how the two deities would react to being exposed to children.

Yang also seemed to withdraw like me, while Yin was rising into the situation. It was quite interesting to observe. But I do suppose Yin would make the most sense for motherhood.

The children relax as Yin went to work patching their wounds. She stayed with them as long as she could giving them some of our spare food. At least now they recovered and had bandages and had at least a bit better safety place.

We had to leave a bit after Yin was a bit sad. Well, that was until she laid eyes on the drug dealers. Yang, rise to the situation both of them now controlling the body. I can feel my eyes getting droopy and decided that sleeping for a bit wouldn't hurt

-

I greeted my teeth, internally cursing all my previous choices. Yin and Yang decided to be quiet right now. Really when I needed them the most. I was chucked back into my mortal body, dangling from a cliff. I was napping and the black space as I started to call it. Yet now Im dangling from a building as multiple "pro heroes" came charging at me.

I shifted my weight hearing their yells start to come closer and closer. I carefully yet quickly maneuvered my way down. This was probably a first for the situation. Or maybe my memory is just very wacky considering that they usually take care of nights like this.

I dart through hidden alleyways and black rooms. Taking a couple shortcuts through some houses that were abandoned.

I knew the darker side of this place like the back of my hand. But I still need it to be faster. I still need to know this place better. The dark wasn't really helping, the night vision part of my helmet was at least assisting in that part.

Fire jutted from the darkness brushing alongside my right torso. I hissed out in pain dodging to the left. I did a quick duck and roll before diving off of the building into a dumpster.