Scared - Matt 💙

Requested!

Prompt: Matt and Y/N are spending the night together, and Y/N gets scared by a storm. Matt comforts her.

Cw: cringe, kissing, cheesy

Y/N's POV:

I stayed over at Matt's, and we had a cute little night in. We were cuddled up watching tangled, and Matt was running his fingers through my hair. "If you keep doing that, I swear I'm gonna pass out, babe." I said, feeling my eyes get heavy. He lets out a short laugh and snuggles his body closer to mine. 

"You can go to sleep, baby. I just wanna hold you." He says as he kisses the top of my head. I lean my head up and place a short kiss on his lips before laying back down on his chest. The sound of his heartbeat combined with him gently combing his fingers through my hair is enough to slowly put me to sleep.

I'm not asleep for long before the sound of lightning crashing down harshly makes me jolt awake in a panicked state. I sit up abruptly and start to panic even more when I hear the continuous sound of thunder rolling in the distance. Matt grips my hips as I jolt upwards, and he pulls me tightly to his chest.

One of his hands rests on my back, pulling me closer, and the other is on the back of my head, tucking it towards his chest. He slowly starts to rock us side to side as he tries to calm me down. "It's okay, my love. You're gonna be okay. The storm will be over soon, I promise." He whispers into my ear as my body shakes due to fear. He places kisses on my head as he tries to talk me through it.

"Matt," I sob into his chest as he pets my hair and shushes me, trying to ease me out of crying. "Shush baby, you're okay. I've got you, sweetheart. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you, I swear." He says as he pulls my head out of his chest and holds my jaw in his hands gently. Then he wipes my tears away with his thumbs and leans in, kissing my forehead.

As the storm calms down, I do as well. I'm tired out from the anxiety and crying, and I feel like falling back asleep. Matt is still slowly swaying us side to side and running his fingers through my hair. I lean up and look at him. "Thank you, Matt. I wouldn't have gotten through that without you. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you. I love you." I say.

He smiles at me and cups my cheeks with his hands. "I love you too, Y/N. You don't have to thank me. I'm glad I can help you through this. You help me so much with my anxiety. I'm glad I could return the favor." He says. I wrap my arms around his neck and bring him down for a kiss. He kisses me passionately, gripping my waist and pulling me as close as he can.

I break away and snuggle back onto his chest, feeling the familiar thump of his heart against me. His heart is racing as I settle into his embrace, and I smirk before looking up at him. "Damn, I really got your heart racing, didn’t I, love?" I say teasingly. He rolls his eyes and grins at me.

"You always do, baby. Do you feel better now?" He asks as he rubs my back with his hand. "Yes, thank you. I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there. You're amazing, Matt." I tell him. He hums and shuts his eyes before replying. "I'm just glad you feel better and that I could help you. I hate seeing you cry, baby it kills me inside."

I close my eyes and focus on the rhythmic beat of his heart as he gets pulled into sleep. "I'm okay now, Matt. All because of you. I love you, baby. Goodnight." I say as sleep starts to consume me. Just as I start to fall asleep, he replies. "Goodnight, my love. I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

I'm sorry this is so short! Matt girls, please rise. I need ideas for him 😭 Let me know what you guys think! Requests are open!

<3 A