Chapter Eight ~ Jealousy

(image by @evix.art on ig)

James Potter: Friday 12th October 1975

(00:34am)

"Then the whole hall was in a riot because of all the pixies!" Sirius cried.

"And we couldn't finish our exams," Remus muttered.

"yes but there's the thing, Moony. mischief can only be done at the worst of times," Sirius said, grinning. Everyone laughed.

"ok, next question," Marlene breathed, running her fingers through dorcas' braids.

"Evan. Barty," Peter squeaked. Evan and Barty turned to look at Peter who was standing cautiously by the door.

"Are you... a couple?" he asked, slowly. James watched a smile grow steadily on Barty's face and the blush on Evan's.

"Not yet," Barty winked. Peter flushed.

"What do you mean not yet?" asked Remus, raising an eyebrow. Regulus smirked.

"They may as well be. They're just as bad as you and Sirius," he said. Sirius threw a bertie bot bean at him.

"what's just as bad?" asked Sirius. Regulus raised an eyebrow.

"being glued to Remus' dick 24/7, that's whats just as bad Siri," he said. James couldn't help but laugh. He was also struggling not to die at hearing Regulus' lovely voice when it was tired and husky.

"I'm sure that would be quite painful," Remus mused, a small smile on his face.

"WHAT?!" Sirius cried. James grinned and turned to Regulus.

"You wanna go out for a bit?" He asked, quietly whilst everyone else was laughing at Sirius' dramaticness. Regulus smiled.

"Yes... please," he murmured. So the pair, very calmly left the room, descending the staies to the Gryffindor common room.

"Sirius is so extra, I'm not sure how you put up with him every day," Regulus murmured as they collapsed onto the empty sofa infront of the sofa. James put an arm around Regulus' shoulders.

"I don't, that's Remus' job. But Remus is good at silencing people. Especially Sirius," James said. Regulus giggled. He was growing tired, James could tell.

"Would you like me to walk you back to your common room?" Asked James.

"Oh no, no. I'm absolutely fine," Regulus yawned. "Remus is quite pretty though isn't he?". James sat up abruptly. Remus Lupin? Well yes he was but Regulus wasn't suppoused to think that as well. Everyone thought it to be fair. But Regulus as well?

"I suppose," James muttered. James was incredibly aware of Regulus and Remus' close friendship. In fact he'd had to fight his brain to not let it bother him at times. After all, James was a Potter. He wasn't supposed to be jealous. He wasn't supposed to be spiteful.

"What's the matter, James?" Regulus asked, also sitting up but slowly. James glared at Regulus.

"You have a thing for Lupin do you?". James could see the confusion in Regulus' eyes but he wasn't going to continue.

"Hes in love with my brother, you idiot. Of course I don't," Regulus snarled. His tone was harsh enough to make James believe him. But that also had its downside when it started doing other things to James.

Those other things included removing all of James' brain cells and causing him to lean closer to Regulus, brushing his thumb over his cheek.

"Ahem!". The boys jumped apart, and James turned to see Barty, Evan, Dorcas and Pandora. Pandora was smiling. Dorcas was glaring. Barty was giggling to Evan about something, so they weren't paying attention.