Chapter 22

Talia pulled out her phone the moment she was out of Daniel's office and texted Ragnar. She wanted to share her news with him. Where are you?

It took a moment for him to respond. In my apartment.

Talia paused. She hadn't been in his apartment. She knew where it was, but he had always come to her. He didn't seem to be in there that much.

What's up?

She glanced down at her phone again. I just wanted to talk to you about something.

You can come here if you want, but if you'd rather not, we can meet somewhere else.

She read the text over a few times. It was sweet of him to not want to make her uncomfortable but she was curious to see his place. I'll be up in a few.

Okay. I'll be waiting.

She smiled and got on the elevator. A few moments later, she was standing in front of his door. She raised her hand to knock but the door was opened before she could. Ragnar looked at her, his eyes glowing briefly, and stepped back. "Come in."

She walked in slowly, looking around. His apartment was set up like Caleb and Charlotte's, which didn't surprise her, and everything was in its place. His kitchen didn't look used, and his furniture looked almost brand new. She noticed the sword hanging on the wall and walked over for a closer look. "Is this the one that almost killed you?"

He laughed. "No. But I was carrying it in that battle."

"It doesn't look that old," she murmured, then glanced at him. "Not that I mean.."

He smirked at her. "I take good care of it. It doesn't just hang on the wall," he walked over and pulled it down. "Careful, it's very sharp."

Talia eyes the intricately carved handle. The thing was beautiful. "Wow."

He placed it back on the wall and turned to her. "Come on. I'll give you a tour. Not that there's a lot to see."

His bedrooms were mostly empty, though he had some things stored in one, and an office of sorts in another, which had mostly just books in it. He finally opened the door to his bedroom, and Talia peeked inside.

The room looked more lived in than any other room in the house. The king sized bed was made, and he had a couch off to the side facing the fireplace which had a TV above the mantle. The room was neat, and done in shades of red, which went well with the log cabin feel of the entire pack house. This room was more inviting than any of the rest of the apartment.

He too had French Doors on the back wall, facing the forest and he led her out onto the back deck. She was surprised to see he had a hot tub out there. He lifted the cover, and she slipped a hand into the warm water. "When are you inviting me over to enjoy this?"

He laughed. "Whenever you'd like. I might use it more if I had someone to enjoy it with."

She glanced at him. Was that an invitation?

They walked back inside and he turned to her. "It's not much, but it's home. So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Talia followed him over to the couch and sat down. It was odd being in his bedroom with him. None of her erotic dreams of him ever took place inside. She wondered if now that she had seen his room if the scenery would change. "Daniel has asked me to join the pack."

He didn't seem surprised, and Talia guessed that he had known about it ahead of time. "And did you give him an answer?"

"I told him I needed to think about it." She watched his eyes glow again and he lifted an eyebrow at her.