Chapter 19

Ragnar glanced at his phone for the millionth time in the last two hours. He'd texted Talia and had yet to hear back from her. He hoped she wasn't mad at him for taking off and not telling her.

The meeting with the Lone Star Pack wasn't really an emergency, but it was important. They had been watching a group of rogues who were trafficking over the border. The rogues were involved in trafficking anything they could get their hands on, including humans.

Lone Star had attempted to take them down a few months ago, but somehow, the rogues had known they were coming, and had abandoned their camp. There hadn't really been any proof of trafficking left behind either.

They had finally regrouped in a different area, and Lone Star had been monitoring them.

Ragnar sat listening to the Alpha speak about the last raid and what had gone wrong with it. He glanced around the room. The Beta, Gamma, head warrior and the Alpha's son and daughter were all in the room. He glanced at his phone again.

Finally, the meeting came to an end, and he stood, stretching his arms. He noticed the Alpha's daughter eyeing him, and tried to remember what her name was. Sherry? Shannon? Sharon? Shelby. Yes, that was it. She gave him a smile he recognized. An inviting one.

Rollo rolled his eyes. 'He has a mole,'

'Yup.' Ragnar watched everyone else leave the room except the Alpha and Shelby. He turned his attention to the Alpha. "Alpha can I speak to you? Alone?"

Alpha Trent glanced at his daughter who pouted at him. He raised his eyebrows at her and she sighed, then left the room, closing the door behind her.

Ragnar stood and checked to make sure the door was shut. "Is this room sound proof?"

Alpha Trent sighed warrily and nodded. "You think I have a traitor in my pack."

Ragnar just looked at him.

He sighed again, defeated. "It's crossed my mind, though I didn't want to admit it. It's why so few were invited to this meeting today."

"You know, it could be one of them," Ragnar told him.

Trent pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm aware. Is there anything you can do?"

"Well I could take them down to you cells and torture it out of them," Ragnar suggested.

Trent paled. "I.."

"I'm kidding, Alpha." Ragnar cracked a smile at Trent. "But you could let me spend some time with each of them alone and talk to them. I will find out who your traitor is."

"How?"

"What do you know about me, Alpha Trent?" Ragnar raised his eyebrows at the man. Most werewolves were oblivious to the fact that the Alpha King and his pack were immortal. But a lot of the pack leadership were aware that something was up. Most of them didn't ask out of respect, but occasionally it came up.

"I know you've been the Royal Beta for a long time. As long as I can remember." Trent studied him carefully. "You must age very slowly."

Ragnar smiled. "I don't age at all. I've walked this earth for over a millennium, Alpha."

Trent's mouth dropped open. "How is that possible?"

Ragnar just smiled. "When you walk the earth as long as I have, you become very good at reading people. I can easily tell when someone is lying. Give me some time with each of your pack leaders. I will figure out who the traitor is."

Trent stared at him for several long moments. "I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all of this."

"You have any silver?" Ragnar asked him.