Chapter 40

Russia pov.

I was in the cabin getting ready for the day that Natalie helped plan considering the amount of us on one boat. I noticed Keith walk in and get ready as well.

"Is everything alright Keith?" I questioned him, he looked at me with a foreign emotion in his eyes.

"I think so, I'm probably still a bit tipsy from the drinks last night. Natalie is briefing the kids on today's plans before we had to the mainland for lunch." He told me, the foreign gaze still lingering in his eyes.

"You had one didn't you?" I asked firmly.

"If you're talking about the Citizen Dream, then yes I did and it terrified me." He replied, subtle traces of fear in his voice.

"Would you mind explaining some of it to me?" I asked him softly, he sighed and sat down on the bed a somber look on his face as he gathered enough details of the dream to tell me.

"One of the now young adults of my territory has gone through hell, they have recently moved into a safer environment and the person responsible for that hell has been put away for good, but the Citizen was only a child when their hell had started. It pained me to see what they went through." He expressed sadly, not wanting to meet my gaze.

"How old was the child, and how long did their hell last?" I asked him, wanting to know more.

"When the hell started, they were 8, but the worst of it started when they were 12. The child's mother did nothing to protect them, the mother thought she had brought a safe male into their household, for the first few months it was fine, but the male had done unspeakable things to the Citizen the dream was about, Russ the kid was 12 and treated like a damn servant in their own home, they were the black sheep, all burdens fell to them to fix, the other children there only added to those burdens as they were the active caretaker for all of them, it hurt to watch them go through that, I'm glad that they are in a safer environment now away from all that pain, they were never physically abused, but you could tell that they had years of emotional and mental neglect and abuse under their belt, how they survived is impressive but concerning, no friends had stayed around long enough to learn the kid, they were constantly judged, whether it was family or not, they hid the real them in order to be what everyone else wanted, never taking time to truly be themselves, the kid didn't deserve that, hell no one deserves that." He told me nearly broken down in tears, pain resonating in his voice, tears brimming his baby blue eyes. I pulled him into a hug, soothing him as the others came in and out of the room Dixie staying as he was in the room when Meric told the dream. [A/n(the citizen dream mentioned above is a true event that happened to me, I did not put any names here for privacy of all parties involved in the aforementioned event, thank you)]

"Want me to tell Nat that y'all are sittin' this one out or are y'all comin' with us?" Hunter asked.

"We're going, it'll be nice to actually clear my head while we're out here." Keith replied swiftly. Dixie nodded and left the room. Meric composed himself and finished getting ready, once we were both finished and met the others on the deck we boarded the smaller boat that took us to the shore, setting up the beach day for the kids while some of the adults walked around town for a bit.

America pov.

After we had reached the mainland, that kids stayed on the beach with the promise of behaving for the crew members, while Aussie lead us around town.

"Xavier, where are you taking us exactly? We're gettin' kinda far from the beach 'n the kids." Dixie asked.

"It's a weird cave just outside of town, I found it by accident last time I was here." Xavier replied, the rest of the walk remained silent as we walked to the cave Aussie mentioned. I started to walk slower then the group and Nikolai, Dixie, Elena and Liam noticed. They slowed down as well, matching my pace while keeping up with the rest of the group.

"Brother what's wrong?" Elena asked me, I sighed softly and gave a knowing glance at Hunter.

"He had a Citizen dream Goldie, scared the shit outta him as he didn't know some Citizens could be that damn cruel to a literal third of the citizens that make up our percentage of the population." Dixie told them, I leaned into Nikolai as we walked, finding comfort in his presence.

"I see, I'm going to assume that's why he's been so quiet this morning?" She asked.

"Yea, I didn't want to worry anyone with it, but the things I saw, it just wasn't right." I replied softly.

"Xavier we almost to the cave?!" Hunter asked.

"Yea mate, it's just passed this ridge here!" Xavier called back. We caught up with everyone else, as they stopped to look at the cave entrance.

"It's beautiful." I spoke up, walked forward slightly to look at the cave.

"This isn't even the best part mates, we have to head deeper into the cave." Aussie replied calmly, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Let's go then, you seem really excited to show us this cave Xavier." Liam told him, grinning ear to ear. We all agreed and followed Xavier inside the cave, once we had gotten deep into the cavern, Aussie had stopped and told us that we were far enough in that we could remove our disguises temporarily until we decided to head back to the kids. We turned our disguises off as we continued deeper into the cave.

"Just a bit farther now, we're almost there." Aussie told us. It didn't much longer for us to see a beautiful lush portion of the cave. We walked in carefully, looking everywhere in admiration. We picked a spot under the only tree in the cave and set up for lunch. We ate happily talking amongst ourselves, speaking of past triumphs and downfalls. We did this for a few hours, just walking around this part of the cave, finding precious gems and other small tokens. Once everyone was done looking around we headed back to the beach to join the kids as we head back to the boat.

[A/n(I have made a multi fandom rp server if you readers want to join, rp is not mandatory, but I would love to see everyone there having fun, the link will be in the comments connected to this paragraph) Thank you]