Prelude-ish

The dungeon was dirty. Smelly. Disgusting. Yeah, you get the idea. I was pretty sure the ceiling was supposed to be white. Right now, it looked like it was covered in shit. Maybe someone had a severe case of diarrhea while they were there. I hoped that wasn't the case. 

I had been stewing in this cell for 253 days. Yeah, big number. I didn't even know how I kept the count. I didn't really have anything to write on. Maybe I was just born smart. I begged the guards to let me out, but they were all too stupid to recognize my superiority and instead left me in this shithole. Like, where'd your manners go?

I would tell you how much I begged to be set free, but that would be embarrassing, and I would never show my face to the world again. I would probably dig myself a hole, crawl inside, and stay there until I died. 

But since I didn't tell you anything remotely close to steaming hot tea, I thought I'd let you in on a little secret of mine. Well, it's not little. Not little at all, actually. I was an assassin. Why would I be captured and be stripped off my dignity like this so easily if I were an assassin? 

I didn't. I allowed myself to be captured. Why? Because of love. 

Love was a strong emotion, my mentor would say. Love was something that led kingdoms to fall, and empires to burn. She would tell me that I was stupid for falling in love. She's was not wrong. Being in this place really got me reconsidering my actions on trying to save Luke. 

I haven't been able to get out of my cell at all. The people controlling this system, was really twisted for not giving us enough food. The stink of rotting corpses from neighboring cells were nausea inducing if you were new. 

But I wasn't. If I was malnourished like this, feeling weak like this, while being trained to be the best of the best assassin, I couldn't imagine what it would feel like for people who didn't have any experiences like this at all. 

So, I did my best to keep everyone sane in this hellhole. With my amazing humor and everything, I could definitely save everyone. 

====

Hi my loves! I know this is kind of sounding like isekai manhua story. Very sorry about that :/ If you read through the whole thing and actually liked it, I love you. Seriously. Thank you so much for recognizing my work. 

Once again, thank you. Here's a cookie. 🍪