~'10'~

Song: Bleed - Connor Kauffman

This is going to be a recap on the previous chapter but in Cassius's POV because 1. I'm in a writer's block and 2. I want to see just what Cassius did when Sage wasn't there. Punch a wall, maybe?

☠️ Cassius ☠️

I step out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and more calm, breathing in a breath of fresh air. I walk back towards the bed where I left Sage, brushing my hair back with my hand as I do so.

She's not here. I suck in a breath. Goddamn it. Should I not have trusted her? I should've brought her into the bathroom with me. I walk towards the bed, the scent of her still lingering on the sheets.

No, she wouldn't have gone far. I've only been gone for what? 5 minutes? I'll be able to catch her. I put on the coat hanging by the bedroom door before slamming it open. No use trying to hunt her down shirtless.

I stalk down the hallway with intent, sword at my side. I unsheathe it, pointing it at random people I come across. I can feel the voice in my head smile, ready for bloodshed. "Where is she?" I ask, jabbing it towards a guard's neck with enough force to break skin.

"Who?" He wheezes out, tears starting to form in his eyes. He glances down at the blade on his neck fearfully.

"Sage." Damn, I shouldn't use her name so casually, like we're friends. She doesn't even know my name yet.

"Who's Sage?" He asks again, and the smell of urine rises in the air. I look down to see a wet spot in his pants. Who the fuck gets scared this easily? Maybe my guards are pussies after all.

I curl my lip. "Fuck off, you're useless."

He scampers away like a coward. I move away from him and towards the main expanse of space, close to the stairs to the second floor.

Torture the information out of them, the voice hisses. It grabs onto my mentality and begins to twist it, almost like it's trying to steer me to do what it wants. I clench my teeth in pain, but I ignore it.

I see another person trying to sneak away in my periphery. I spin towards him and see him tripping over himself. What the fuck? Are they actually pussies? They're scared of fucking everything.

I walk over to him and he flips around to look me in the eyes. A bead of sweat rolls down the side of his chin. "Listen here, boss—" He tries to reason, moving backwards when I advance.

I suppress the urge to mock him. "Where is she?" I ask again, and point my sword to his neck. "She's supposed to still be here. Where did she go?"

"Boss, I don't know which whore you're talking about, but we can—" I interrupt him by making his neck bleed.

"What. The fuck. Did you just call her?" I question through clenched teeth. "No. Fuck that. It was a rhetorical question. You're going to fucking die anyway." I slide the blade into his neck until I feel it hit something, preferably the spine.

Now my anger is even more fueled, I walk to find someone with a backbone that I can actually spar with.

My brother chooses this exact moment to enter through my place. With fucking confetti and a damn pink bow on his head. "Whoa, big bro, I didn't know you had this kind of kink?" He laughs when he sees my bloodied sword.

"Not a good time." I answer curtly and move past him.

"Normally you would yell at me for quote unquote 'making a mess of your place'," He talks just as quickly as he did last time he visited me. How in the goddamn hell does he come up with those comebacks so fast?