~'7'~

Song: abcdefu - GAYLE

☠️ Cassius ☠️

"The room is prepared, boss," The maid says dutifully with her hands in front of her clasped together.

"Yes, yes, yes," I acknowledge dismissively, waving my hand to shoo her away. I have no patience whatsoever after Sage insulted my intelligence.

Am I really that ignorant? Negligent? Should I not have trusted those people to do basic work? Well, they're incompetent anyway, but I don't want more paperwork. That means more late nights and less sleep. Sleep is very important.

I'm still contemplating this when I arrive at the stairway of the dungeon. I shake the thoughts off, determined to get to the bottom of this. Is there really someone that is corrupted under me? Taking advantage of me?

I round to the corner and I see... Sage. Hanging out with criminals. Laughing with criminals. How is she more comfortable with murderers and rapists and thieves than with me? Me, who cared for her, who saved her from death? (He doesn't realize that she didn't know it was him at the moment)

I scoff at my own thoughts. What is this feeling? Something close to anger but not quite. I clench my jaw. If she enjoys their company so fucking much, she can live with all those useless criminals. (Again, he has forgotten they might not be criminals)

I storm away from the place and up the staircase again. Yes, the action is petty, but I don't care. If she wants to stay with them, be with them, then she can. She can stay with them as long as she likes.

Yes, and I will be your only companion again. The voice hisses. I told you already, Cassius, she will not stay. When will you actually listen to my voice?

I grunt. "I've listened to you plenty of times when I kill."

The voice ignores the statement. You will be alone forever, and no one even wants to get close to you. Look at how dangerous you are. And your attitude. It... sucks. You're just stuck with me, the only thing on your side.

"Shut up."

It does, but the whispers don't subside. It never does anyway. 

🌿 Sage 🌿

I see a figure at the corner of my eyes retreating to the stairs. The guards' shifts don't change until midnight. So who's leaving? It can't be any of the people trapped here, since the security is so good.

I turn to catch a glimpse of dark hair. The bossy guy who owns this place? (I still don't know his name. I should ask for it soon. For now I name him bossy guy.)

"I think I should go." I tell the girls. "I kind of forced Bossy Guy to give me a better room. (It better be a suite) And I think he just came to get me."

"Yeah! Go get your man!" Opal claps in excitement.

"Still not my man!" I crush her dreams of me ever liking Bossy Guy.

I walk up the stairs to find it barred. What the actual hell? I bang on the door. "Why is the goddamn door locked? Let me out!" I yell to the guards standing outside.

"Sorry. Boss's orders." One of them replies, but he doesn't sound sorry. At all. Son of a gun. I don't like any of them anyway. Well, except for Guard no. 2. He was nice to me.

"Boss my butt. He's the one who's letting me stay in one of those fancy rooms up there." I hit the door again with my fist, careful not to break through it accidentally. (I ate today so I have enough strength to smash through the door. Ooh, I like using the word smash. Makes me sound very cool)