~'3'~

Song: Fix you - Michelle Ray ft. Lost, Pop Mage.

☠️ Cassius ☠️
2 days later

Today is the day I supposedly 'let' the prisoner out. The guards drag her, chained, into my office.

Imagine my surprise when I see the red haired maiden from before. Her eyes lift up to mine, green as jade crystals. Her lips part, for a second I was mesmerized, staring at her soft, pink, mouth, before she lowered her head again.

You couldn't be with her even if you wanted to anyways, The voice whispers. I clench my teeth and pick up the bracelet on my table. Why are you ignoring me? You know it's true. I don't answer, but one can hear me grinding my molars if they stand too close. 

Walking towards the woman, I give a nod to the guards on the side. They release her and stand at the corner of the room, ready to move if given the order. She doesn't wear chains or anything restricting her movements, but she looks weak, so even if she tries to attack me, the damage won't be much. [Trust in character development. Please. I swear he's not sexist.]

I tilt her chin up so I can look at her again. She jerks away, looking everywhere but me. "Stop letting your eyes wander," I order. She obeys, albeit reluctantly. "Now look at me."

"Give me your hand," She puts hers on top of mine. I can feel the rough calluses immediately when we make contact. I bet she trained real hard to be a murderer. Or a thief. I slip the bracelet onto her wrist, then tighten it until I see her clench her jaw in pain. 

I walk to my chair and sit down, crossing one leg over the other, painting a picture of ease. "Go on, leave," I tell her dismissively, almost mockingly.

She looks terribly confused, glancing left and right suspiciously. "You're not going to... do anything? I can just... leave? You're not worried that I'll escape or something?"

"That's what the bracelet is for. Tracking your movements so I don't have to look after you like a fucking nanny after being so generous as to let you out. Keep up," I snap, starting to get annoyed. The good looks she has doesn't help the way everything infuriates me. "Now, move. Get your ass out of here before I get impatient and let one of them drag you out." I tilt my head to one of the guards.

She has the sense to look annoyed. She stomps out of the office, and I hear her footsteps all the way from the hallway.

☠️ ☠️ ☠️

I can't focus on the goddamn reports anymore. I sit back and stare at the projecting screen with the tracking dot moving across the map.

It shows that she is moving towards a cliff. Is she trying to jump off? I stand up so fast the chair topples backwards. She is my prisoner. I get to choose when she dies. I get to choose how she dies. I get to choose how she gets hurt. I get to choose whether she dies or not. She doesn't do anything that endangers herself without my permission. 

I put a cloak on and grab the device that is projecting the map, wallking out the office and slamming the door as I go out.

"Where are you going, sir?" A guard that is watching over the door outside asks respectfully. I ignore him. He doesn't have the authority to question me anyway.

I open the main entrance door and slam it behind me. The projector shows she was still at the cliff.

I glance up at the sky. It wouldn't be that bad if I use it just once, right?

You know what? Whatever. If I give over to the curse, no one would care anyway. All I see from people is pity and greed. 

I crack my knuckles and close my eyes. The heat of flames lick at me, its greedy little fingers touching as much of my flesh as it can. The fire consumes me and directs me to the direction I want to go. When I open my eyes, I'm not in front of the castle anymore.