~'6'~

Song: Bad Liar - Imagine Dragons

🌿 Sage 🌿

I wouldn't say today was fun, but at least I made a new friend. He stopped me from going to my mother's grave, but I guess that kind of helps me move on. (I'm totally looking at the bright side. I don't want to move on. I really wanted to see my mom.)

"Hey," I ask the guards. "Is that it? I don't get to go out again?"

One of them put a hand on his neck, rubbing it. "I don't know. We'll have to ask the boss, I guess."

I am taken back by the way he actually answered my question and didn't ignore me or degrade me like all the other guards. He sees my expression and says nothing, instead choosing to look away sheepishly.

As we reach the 'castle', I press my lips together. I don't really want to face the boss right now. The guard nudges me towards the entrance.

Reluctantly, my feet lead me inside. The echoes of our footsteps fill the hallway, creating an even more ominous atmosphere.

Guard no. 1 knocks on the door gently. I hear a bunch of cluttering noises and swearing. "Uh.. boss? If you want us to come back later, we can?" Guard no. 2 askes, his face a little red.

Why is his face red? It's not like someone's having office se— Oh. My own face heats, and I duck to hide it. Can someone like him even have office sex? He's cold, and I bet he hates physical touch. Who would even want him anyway?

I am still pondering this when the door swings open. He is sweaty, his face all flushed, and his hair falling in front of his forehead. I resist the urge to brush it back. Nevermind. I take it all back. He's very hot.

"What are you doing here?" He curls his lip as if he is disgusted.

Nevermind again. His personality overpowers his looks. He is absolutely revolting on the inside.

"I'm back! Because you won't let me go." I say in a celebratory tone, doing some random things with my hands. (Jazz hands, obvi) "You're stuck with me. Well technically you're not stuck with me, because I'll go back to the dungeons and you'll probably never see me again."

I swear I see a small smile, but it is probably my eyes playing tricks on me. "You. And you." He jerks his chin to both the guards. "Leave us."

I whip my head back to look at Guard no. 2, pleading with my eyes. He avoids my gaze. "Yes, sire." He dips his head and leaves the scene.

That traitor. He closes the office door and locks it. Then he locks his gaze on me. "What are you doing? Why are you looking at me like that? Please don't tell me you plan on y'know-ing me."

"Y'knowing isn't a word."

"It is now. I invented it." I'm bantering with the guy who locked me up. What is happening?

He sighs. "No, I will not be 'y'knowing' you. What do you think I am? I actually have morals, unlike you."

"Morals? I will have you know that I am very much a person with MANY morals. You're the one who locks innocents up!"

"Innocents? They're murderers, Sage. They don't have an ounce of innocence in their blood."

"Well maybe you should actually check the information before locking people up and never talking to them again! Also, how do you know my name?"

"I have files, you moron. I don't let people out of the dungeons carelessly. What if you escaped and revealed our secrets?"

"Reveal what secrets? How would I know any of your stupid secrets when I have never touched any of your stupid files? I've been locked up in the dungeons for at least six months, dude, at this point I'm just glad I got to see the goddamned sunlight."