E ~ Dionysus's Warning

MERRY CHRISTMAS MOTHERFUCKERS
(forgot so happy boxing day)

the epilogue <3 two (?!) years later and i miss writing for these two so so much. i told yall we'd find out what dionysus did to them >:)

I opened the door, pulling Connor inside. My dorm was small, but it wasn't too bad. I was lucky enough to score a single, so no roommate meant alone time, which was a new thing for me. I loved it.

No roommate also meant an abundance of Connor sleepovers. The walls weren't too thin.

He was still living at camp, part time there and part time in a teeny apartment in New Jersey with Travis. He made the commute to me as often as he could, though.

I was here in college, a full time environmental science student. Environmental anything in the city isn't that great of a major, seeing as there's not much opportunity for farming. But I loved it.

Tonight was a particularly exciting night. It was a Saturday, and one of my friends was having a party in her suite. I'd invited Connor, who I hadn't taken to a party with me yet. I'd never been able to give him enough notice. But today, I'd planned ahead. It was the beginning of the second semester, and it was the weekend before classes start.

Connor gave me a light kiss. "You look perfect, Maddy."

I smiled up at him. "You don't look too bad yourself." His light hair was just the right length, and his simple blue shirt highlighted his blue eyes perfectly. "Everyone will be so jealous of me tonight."

"Yeah, they always are. You can't help that your boyfriend is the most gorgeous man to ever exist." He grinned.

I hit him playfully on the arm. "Too much, Connor."

I fixed my hair in my mirror before grabbing his hand and leading him to where my friend lived. "Ready?"

He simply winked at me and opened the door, gesturing for me to lead the way. Immediately we were hit with the bright, colorful lights and loud music. Beers were shoved into our hands. Ke$ha filled my ears, not allowing any other sound in.

Connor wrapped a protective arm around me, but I grabbed his hand and moved it from my shoulder. "Come on, dance!" I leaned up, draping my arms around his shoulders. We tried our collective best not to spill our beers as we moved around. After a few minutes, we grew comfortable enough to dance freely. Connor paused to watch me dance, his eyes sparkling.

"Mads?" He tapped my shoulder so that I knew he was talking. I spun around to find him leaning down towards me. I grinned. "I love you." I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.

"And I, you. Now let's get another drink, Stoll."

The night stretched on, more drinks and more dancing beginning to blend together. My hair was a mess, someone had spilled Twisted Tea on Connor's shirt, and I'd lost at beer pong three times before giving up. Connor and I had taken a bathroom break together twice. Now, nothing that inappropriate had ensued. But we had our fun, we'd earned a lifetime of it for dealing with the war the last summer.

I was getting seriously drunk, and Connor had cut me off. He was getting there himself, so we spent the rest of the night simply dancing and laughing with each other.

Around 11 o'clock, we both allowed ourselves just one more drink. Despite the extra drink, I suddenly felt incredibly sober. Then something I hadn't smelt in months hit my nose. "Is this wine?" I yelled to Connor. He shook his head, seemingly just as confused as I was. My head suddenly hurt, but I shook it off and took a sip of my beer.

It wasn't beer. Connor and I simultaneously spit our drinks out, gagging and spitting into the cup. "What is that?" I coughed out. I dared to smell it, which only ended in more gagging.

"It smells like piss."

"Bad piss."

"Animal pee."

"Oh, my Gods. It's goat piss." I said in horror. "Mr. D. The end of last summer, on the climbing wall."

"You're kidding. I forgot all about that." Connor groaned, taking both drinks to the bathroom to dump. "Someone's going to wonder who brought a goat and how they trained it to use the toilet," He said, pouring the drinks in the toilet.

I was still recovering, and my night had been ruined. Dionysus never broke a promise, apparently. Connor and I trudged back to my room, not sure if we should laugh or cry about the pee situation. On one hand, we almost drank pee. On the other hand, we almost drank pee.

We got in bed, and it didn't take long for me to doze off. The torment didn't end when I went to sleep.

Dionysus was in my dorm room. "Underage drinking? Really? Again?"

I tried to answer, but I could only bleat. Holy shit. He'd turned me into a goat.

"Listen. You can't be doing that. It's dangerous, it's stupid, and I've not once approved of a single choice you two have ever made. Did you know that I am forced to see whenever one of you demigods drinks underage? So I spend a lot of time looking at the two of you."

I looked up at him pathetically. What else does a goat even do?

"I've punished you as promised, but don't let your guard down, Mindy."

I sat up in bed. I grabbed at my hair, my face, my legs. No fur. "Connor." I shook him awake. No bleating, either. Simply a dream. Connor sat up straight, and did the exact same thing I had. He ran his hands through his hair, then lifted the blanket and looked to his lap. He sighed in relief.

"Oh, seriously?" I rolled my eyes.

"I was a goat!" He said frantically. "He made me drink my own pee! I swear I'm never drinking again. What if it's goat pee every time?"

"He made you drink your own pee?" I asked, bewildered. Connor nodded grimly. I accidentally let out a sudden laugh.

Soon, we were trying not to laugh out loud, letting out quiet, painful giggles. Connor erupted into a coughing fit. I placed a kiss on his jaw. "Get back to sleep. No one's going to make you drink pee this time."

"Night, Mads." Connor smiled.

"Goodnight, Connor." I snuggled against his shoulder, placing my head on his chest.

it makes me so happy to write for this story again bc its so special to me in that it was my first published and finished story on here.

in other news PERCY JACKSON TV SHOW IS OUT