18

A/n: enjoy and don't forget to comment!!! 🥰

It was December. Time flew by so fast for (y/n) that she didn't realize it. She supposes being stuck in another universe can do that to you, especially when you've made friends. She does wonder if her aunt may and uncle ben were doing okay and somehow coping without her presence. She missed spending the holidays with them.

It was chilly out, temperature dropping almost below 20 degrees and here she was fighting some criminals. She kicks one of them in stomach and punches another in the face before tying them up with her webs and leaving them hung above, wiggling and screaming for their life while cussing at her simultaneously.

"I HOPE YOU DIE, SPIDER-WOMAN!!" One of them spat venomously at her, wiggling in his constraint.

She looks at him amused, "doesn't everyone?" She remarks, grinning behind her mask.

(y/n) soon disappears from the scene and quickly changes from her suit, she decides to wander around until something pops up. She could've done some christmas shopping but it's still early in the month, she can do that later.

(e/c) orbs stare at the building before her. Of all places, she didn't expect to be here.

Church.

A place where someone goes when you feel bad about yourself or achieve inner peace. A place to leave behind all your worries in the presence of god and just focus on healing your inner self or seek some truth within your mind.

(y/n) parker wouldn't say she's a devotee of a higher being. She respects all religions no matter what they are. She didn't know why she was in a church on a December night but....she was searching for inner peace at moment. She needed it.

As she walks up the steps of the church and pulls the door open, she sees the priest standing at the front of the podium with a bible resting on it, preaching the words of god. There were not a lot of people in the church as she goes to find a seat. She sits down next to someone and glances over before doing a double take, "taiju...?" She whispers in shock, haven't seen the male in so long since she was busy.

The buff male opens his eyes slowly and glances at the (h/c)-ette, "it's you." He says in a low voice, "what brings you here?" He asks, leaning back and tossing an arm behind her, darting his eyes to hers.

(y/n) sighs as she leans back, hands on her thighs as she looks around, "just felt like finding some peace," she began, looking down solemnly, "i guess you can say i dearly miss my family." She confesses.

taiju reluctantly brushes his fingers against her cheek, catching her attention as he gazes into her eyes just as the priest finishes his last prayers and everybody was beginning to get up and leave, "why don't you visit them then? Unless they're..." he trails off, not wanting to be disrespectful to her at all.

(y/n) airily laughs, giving him an appreciative smile, "i would love to see them, but that's impossible at the moment," she pauses when she sees realization flash in his eyes and immediately clarifies, "they're not dead!..if that's what you're thinking."

taiju clears his throat, "oh, i see. I apologize." He then observes her for a moment; the sun shining reflecting through the stain glass of mary and landing on (y/n), illuminating her already heavenly figure before his eyes. He took in a breath, pupils dilating for a mere second, ".....you look lovely tonight." He compliments, feeling his chest tingle but he chose to ignore it as he scans her face, committing it to memory.

(y/n) felt bashful as she looks away from his intense gaze, "...and you look handsome yourself...." She compliments back, causing him to grin at her. The two didn't realize they were the only ones left in the church as they got lost in each other's presence, nor did they realize how close they were sitting to each other as their thighs practically touched....