♤ ONE ♤

YOU BREATHED IN THE WARM air as you walked along the fields. you stopped, smiling at two of the workers. "afternoon raiden, kung lao!" you greeted as you waved. "hey y/n!" they both replied. "are we still heading to madam bo's?" you questioned. "yeah, just give us a second!" kung lao said, earning a nod from you.

you enjoyed watching the boys work; they definitely had a better work ethic than you did. you were happy to meet them while on your travels, they were amazing people. not to mention that their personalites contrasted each other's very well.

♤♤♤

"hello madam bo" raiden greeted, a smile on his face. "what's on the menu tonight?" kung lao asked, making madam bo chuckle. "for you three? anything you want" she said. "really? you spoil us" you said, earning a smile from the woman. "by the way, have you three been working on your fighting skills?" she asked.

"yes! i've gotten really good with my hand-to-hand combat and making it work with my energy element" you boasted as you and madam bo looked to the boys. "well..working in the fields leaves little time for training" raiden said, kung lao nodding in agreement. "hm, then it leaves little time for me to make you boys what you want" madam bo said, walking off.

you chuckled. "well, you have free time now, don't you? there's nothing wrong with a little training here" you suggested as a grin spread over kung lao's face. "loser pays for our dinner" he said to raiden. "best get your wallet ready, kung lao. i'm not going easy" raiden replied as the two of them got into their stances. you took a seat nearby, watching. "don't think you're getting away from this, y/n. you take raiden when i beat him" kung lao said. "oh, you're so sure you'll win?" raiden grinned.

they soon began to spar, careful not to break anything. you watched in amazement. for not having trained much, they were pretty good at fighting! it ended in kung lao's victory. raiden chuckled. "i'll avenge myself with y/n" he said as you stood and walked over. the two of you got into your stances. "don't pull your punches, y/n. i'll know if you are" raiden said, grinning. "you don't hold back either" you told him.

you both began fighting. you mainly used punches powered with energy against him, which also increased the speed of your punches. "go y/n!" kung lao cheered as you landed multiple combos on raiden. eventually, the fighted ended and you had won!

you removed the energy from your hands, helping raiden up afterwards. "guess you're paying for dinner" you said, earning a chuckle. "guess i am" he replied, smiling. "you're a great fighter, you really have been training" he added as you smiled back. "thanks raiden" you said, patting his shoulder.

♤♤♤

you ate the last potsticker, happily sighing. "i'm so full.." you said. "everything was delicious, madam bo" raiden told her. "yeah, you're an amazing cook" kung lao inputted. madam bo smiled. "well, you three are always a pleasure to cook for" she said. raiden began to pay for the food; however, one of his dollars flew out of his hand. you reached to grab it, but fell short.

a guy who seemed to appear from thin air grabbed it, crushing it in his hand. "madam bo!" he said, walking up to the woman. "the lin kuei still await your answer: pay for our protection, or risk harm to this fine establishment" he told her. "the lin kuei?" kung lao whispered as the three of you looked over at the others that stood around. "who are they?" you asked as raiden shrugged. "no idea..but i don't like where this is going" he said.

"i will do nothing for you, smoke!" madam bo retorted. "that, madam bo, is unfortunate to hear" smoke said, nodding to some of the others. they began to flip over tables and ruin the property. the woman began to fight smoke, only to be rendered unconscious after being thrown off a balcony. "madam bo!" the three of you shouted as you rushed over.