♤ FIVE ♤

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE ALL of you were imprisoned. "kenshi.." you muttered, frowning as tears welled up in your eyes. "don't..don't worry about me too much, okay..?" kenshi reassured as he felt around for your hand, eventually grabbing ahold of it in an attempt to comfort you. baraka shook the bars of the door. "you've been at that for a while" kenshi told him. "if you could see, then you'd know why" the tarkatan replied. "can you..just please keep talking? it'll keep my mind off of this.." kenshi spoke, obviously distressed. "tell me about your life before you got sick.."

as baraka began to speak to kenshi, you walked over to an unconscious johnny, kneeling besides him. you sighed as you shook him. "cmon johnny.." you muttered, continuing to shake the male. after a few more minutes, he woke up. "ugh..what a hangover.." johnny muttered as you helped him sit up. "thanks..wait, kenshi!" he said, rushing over to him with worried plastered onto his face.

"you doing okay? how's the pain?" johnny asked. "excruciating.." kenshi replied as someone approached the door, making baraka growl angrily. "how is your friend doing?" he asked, looking at kenshi. you and johnny walked to the bars, allowing the two of you to get a closer look of your jailor. "his eyes are gouged out. guess" the actor retorted as your eyes widened a bit. "syzoth..? you work for that guy?" you questioned, a look of betrayal and confusion in your face. syzoth grabbed a small jar, handing it to johnny as he looked at you. "he has my family hostage, l/n. while you are his prisoners..i am his slave" he replied as shang tsung appeared behind him.

"are they ready?" shang tsung asked as he approached the door. syzoth nodded in response. "what are you going do to us, sorcerer?!" baraka spoke angrily, making the male smirk. "i'll use your harvested parts to create newer creations; it would be a waste of resources if i don't. the process will be fatal, of course" shang tsung spoke. "oh, i'll show you a fatal process" you muttered as you grabbed onto your sword. kung lao grabbed your hand, moving it away from your weapon. "you'll have your chance, y/n.." he whispered as shang tsung chuckled. "i will return soon. i have other matters to attend to" he said, disappearing afterwards.

syzoth walked off and pulled a lever, releasing several tarkatans. at the same time, the door keeping you and the others in the cell opened. johnny, kung lao, and baraka went deeper into the lab whilst you stayed with kenshi, fending off the creatures with your sword. most of the tarkatans went for the others, allowing you the opportunity to help kenshi. you led him to the others, who had dealt with the tarkatans.

syzoth approached the five of you, a look of anger on his face. "i've already said it, he'll kill my family if i don't deal with you!" he spoke as baraka and kung lao walked over to him, the three of them ready to fight. before they could, shang tsung appeared, a scowl present. "what's happened here?" he asked, now looking at syzoth. "you've ruined everything!" the sorcerer shouted.

johnny grabbed sento from nearby, aiming its blade towards shang tsung. "i will not be easily detained.." he spoke as a green gas began to fill the room. you coughed, swatting away the clouds. "don't worry, syzoth; i'm reuniting you with your family" shang tsung told the zetarran, who was shocked. "what?? you killed them?!" "many moons ago..i do hate loose ends."

and with that evil grin on his face, he disappeared again. baraka walked towards the locked door, looking at it up and down. he then started to ram into it as the weak wood began to break. within moments, everybody was able to escape. you, johnny, and kung lao helped to lead kenshi. "just leave me..i'm useless!" he spoke. "untrue! nobody's ever useless, even without one of their five senses.." you told him, earning a nod from johnny. "besides, the taira clan needs you!" he added.