♤ THREE ♤

YOU LOOKED AT YOURSELF IN the mirror, admiring your outfit. it was similar to scorpion's, except for the slightly longer sleeves on the top and the color scheme; it was mainly [favorite color] with white outlining everything. you personally liked it, it fit your martial artist style. you moved your omamori to your belt, since you figured it looked nicer there. you slid your sheathed sword into your belt, walking out and heading to the others.

liu kang used his powers to open the portal to outworld.
"outworld can be both alien and intoxicating to earthrealmers. do not become drawn in. you must focus on the task at hand" you remember liu kang telling the five of you.

you took a deep breath. "nervous?" kenshi asked. "yeah, a bit..it just hit me that outworld's a new place and all.." you admitted. "if you start to feel overwhelmed, be sure to just breath and think positive, then you can slowly ease into the environment" kenshi explained as you looked at him. "yeah, i'll try my best..are you nervous?" you asked, making kenshi chuckle. "of course, it's an unfamiliar place where we have to fight in order to protect our home" he explained. "but i'm feeling good about outworld." you smiled as the six of you walked through the portal. johnny aimed his camera towards you and kenshi, only for said male to move it away.

you finally made it to the other side of the portal. your eyes widened in amazement. "it's so pretty!" you exclaimed, noticing the line of guards at the entrance. "oh my..are those..?" johnny spoke, looking at the women in pink and blue. "empress sindel's daughters, yes" liu kang answered, followed by a flirtatious remark from johnny. "we will show them respect, johnny..we don't want to give them unwanted attention" raiden spoke, looking at johnny. the male gave raiden a wink. "should we be concerned?" kung lao asked. "about johnny? absolutely" kenshi replied, earning a giggle from you.

the six of you bowed in front of the princesses. "lord liu kang, welcome" the princess in pink greeted. "thank you, princess mileena. it is an honor" liu kang replied, smiling. "greetings, princess kitana" he added.

"may i introduce johnny cage, kenshi takahashi, y/n l/n, kung lao, and earthrealm's champion, raiden" liu kang said as you bowed again. kenshi quietly chuckled, placing a hand on your shoulder. "sorry, i panicked" you whispered, standing upright.
"i hope you're prepared, raiden. our champions plan on winning" kitana said, turning to her sister. "none more so than me. it's been too long since we've know victory" mileena inputted. a woman began whispering to mileena. "thank you, tanya" the princess said. "follow me please."

♤♤♤

the sounds of drums and festitive people were heard throughout the streets. you looked out of the carriage. "why haven't i come here sooner?? everything looks so amazing, princess kitana!" you said as you looked at her. she smiled. "i'm glad to hear that, y/n. empress sindel spares no expense on the festivites; it is in tribute to my late father after all" kitana said. "oh, sorry to hear that.." you replied as the conversation quickly ended. you continued to looking at all the festivites, a smile spreading onto kenshi's face at your happy expression. "this is wild!" johnny said as he pointed his camera towards the crowds.

"hm?" kitana hummed as the carriage suddenly stopped. the four of you looked out, seeing mileena quietly berate another woman. "pay no mind" kitana said, not wanting you to see what was going. "just some business" she added.

without anymore delays, everybody arrived at sindel's palace. you got out of the carriage, looking up at the huge building. kenshi pushed johnny's phone down. "have you no respect?" he asked. "i'm just enjoying myself" johnny retorted as he put his phone in his pocket. you were all led into the grand hall. "worry expends energy for no purpose, raiden" liu kang said, noticing raiden's expression. "but the tournament. if i lose.." "focus on your actions, not the outcome. it's the only thing you can control" the god spoke.