2 - She doesn't want to hold still

"Hold still," Elijah said, pushing Luna back in place.

She yelped and collapsed back into the water, batting her nose seconds later to get the soap suds off.

"Hold still," he repeated, scooping more water into a cup and then gently poured it over her black locks, making her close her eyes as it streamed down the sides of her face.

Luna glanced up at him then, lips parted as he scooped more water, and she winced when he poured it back over her head.

She opened her eyes again and stared at him as he continued the act.

It was warm... the water.

And Elijah was kneeling by the tub, still fully clothed as she remained bare, though her... parts were below the water.

Luna winced again as he poured more water over her head.

"Now you're calm," Elijah said, the smile contrasting the annoyance in his tone. "Seriously, I can never get you to listen, you know that?"

Luna continued to stare, closing her eyes tightly when he continued the act, then opened her eyes to look at him again.

Elijah just smiled, getting the conditioner bottle she always used. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" she asked him.

He glanced over at her, smirking. "Like you're suddenly understanding something."

She scooted closer to him, rolling onto her knees as she gripped the edges of the tub. "You're so nice to me. I originally wondered why... because you're really never nice, but... I feel like... you sympathize with me."

Elijah kept the smile. "How so?"

"My... trauma?" She shrugged. "I don't know... because you seemed annoyed and tried to push me away at the beginning, and now you're a whole new person to me, but to other people you're still the same."

Elijah just sat on his knees, leaning forward so his face was level with hers. "We're alike, Luna."

She remained, unafraid at his dark stare. "We are?"

Elijah just leaned back, catching the conditioner and a hairbrush, setting them both beside himself seconds later.

He glanced back up, eyes softening. "Turn around, Angel."

She blinked before listening, scooting around so her bare back faced him. "How are we alike, Lijah?"

He just pumped some conditioner on his hand, rubbing it together as she waited for an answer.

"We're very alike," he said again, running his fingers through her hair as she shivered. "I might not have experienced the same things you did. Nothing really happened to make me this way, Luna. I was just born this way."

"Yeah?" Her voice was quiet as he continued to run his fingers through her hair.

"All these years," he explained, "you've been seeking someone to care about you, right? Someone to trust you, love you, be with you. You wanted it so much that you felt like you were going insane."

"Are you talking about how Ember and Meadow rejected you?" she whispered

"Partly," he replied, continuing the act, "yes. But I'm also talking about you and the master."

She tensed at the name, but Elijah only continued:

"That man," he explained, "was a very good manipulator, Luna. He'd hurt you in horrible ways, and then feed you a tiny bit of caring, then pull away before you felt better. It's what made you crave his attention more than you wanted to, but you couldn't control it. You wanted him to care because he showed you those little specks of 'love' and ditched you before you were satisfied."