10 - I thought I killed you

Elijah threw Luna behind him and glared at the masked figure. "I thought I killed you."

The master just chuckled under his breath, setting his head against the pole behind him. "You'd like to think that, wouldn't you?"

Luna breathed softly, fisting Elijah's jacket in her hands.

"What do you want?" Elijah demanded.

The master smirked, making Luna shrink further behind Elijah. "You know," the master said, "she was my pet. My little dog. She still is in a sense. You know what people do with dogs?" He chuckled. "They have them as a pet... they give them attention when they want to, they feed them and walk them when they want to, and..." his eyes glowed a dark red, making her whimper, "they kill them when they want to."

Elijah snarled at him, holding his hand out to protect Luna from the master's red gaze. "You leave her alone."

The master just chuckled. "Nah. She's useful to me... eh, Elijah, is it? Yeah, very useful... Well, she used to be. And I was originally going to leave her alone, but... you know, you both tried to kill me?" His eyes continued glowing red. "You think I'd just let that go?"

"You've been hurting her," Elijah said, "for years."

"Yeah, well, you've been assassinating innocent people for years, Elijah," he replied, smirking. "And you've been murdering innocent girls just like... hmm... Ember Angelus, is it? And Meadow Collins? You know, you tried to take both of them from their boyfriends. That's kind of messed up." He gazed over Elijah's shoulder. "So, how did that make you feel, Luna? That he wanted other girls before you?"

"Shut up," Elijah said, catching her arm and pulling her behind him. "Or I swear I will kill you all over again."

"Oh, I know you'd like to," he replied, chuckling.

"Leave us alone!" Luna piped up, making both of them glance back at her. "You already got control over me, master! You hurt me for the last time! Member? With the whips when we killed you?"

He smirked. "You see, Luna? With that last sentence? Yes, I got my revenge, but remember what you said?" His eyes darkened. "You killed me. That itself needs revenge, doesn't it?"

"She didn't do ANYTHING," Elijah said, eyes narrowing into a glare. "It was me. I was the one who injected bleach into your bloodstream in hopes to make you die a slow and painful death."

The master scoffed. "She encouraged you."

Elijah smirked then. "Are you serious?" His eyes darkened and his smile turned dangerous. "You know... Maybe I should've lightly pushed air into your veins... you know... normal air? That way when it reached that beautiful heart of yours, it would explode inside you, and you'd bleed internally. No one could stop your death then, could they, 'master'? Or maybe... maybe I could explode your heart, and lock you in a cage. I'd like to rip it out from your chest and watch it bleed and struggle in my hands... so I could just squeeze it in my fist and watch it ripple and weaken. Yeah..." he smirked, "that'd be nice."

The master blinked and gazed up at Luna, chuckling. "You're dating a serial killer, Luna? That's sad."

She giggled. "I like serial killers. They sexy."

Elijah spared her a glance, making her smile.

The master glanced between them and shook his head. "Oh, well."

Elijah just glanced back at the master, making him glance up slightly. "Leave her alone now... or I won't hesitate with that lovely threat."

The master just smirked. "Oh, now? Playing the protective boyfriend?" He chuckled. "May I remind you, Elijah... that I am a vampire? Immortal?"