5 - Oh, no!

Luna stepped in the room while Elijah lay spread among the couch, playing some game on his phone as she bounced on her heels.

"Lijah..." she said slowly.

"Yes, Honey?"

She stepped over to him and leaned forward so her hair streamed down her shoulder. "What are you playing?"

He glanced at her briefly with a smile. "A fantasy game."

She pursed her lips. "Does it have murder?"

"Sadly, no," he replied, laughing softly. "Why?"

"Then it's boring!" she exclaimed angrily, bouncing on her heels. "You could be doing better things!"

He smiled and shut off his phone, brows arching when he lowered his phone to his chest. "Like what?"

She sputtered her lips angrily.

He only smiled. "What? What do you want?"

Luna giggled then and jumped. "It's cuddle time!"

He laughed at her change in mood.

She was annoyed one second, then back to cute again.

"We snuggled for two hours already today, Luna," he stated, smirking. "Any more and you might suffocate me."

She gazed up then and her lips pursed.

His eyes flickered with worry when her brows drew together. "You okay?"

She suddenly gasped and spun around, making him sit up quickly as she searched the darkness of the house carefully.

"Luna," Elijah said, scanning the shadows with her. "Luna, what's wrong?"

Little gasps escaped her lips as her eyes shot around the darkness, and she pressed her hand to her chest, trying to catch her breath.

She took a step back—toward Elijah—and kept searching the darkness.

"Luna, what's wrong?" His tone grew with worry.

"I can feel him," she whispered, breath shaking, "he's here."

Elijah just stood behind her. "There's nothing there, Luna."

"No, he's here," she said with more urgency. "He's here! He's here!"

"Luna," Elijah warned.

"He's here!" she cried, backing away as her eyes shrank in panic. "He's here, Elijah! I shouldn't have celebrated my birthday! I shouldn't have! He's going to kill me!"

Elijah just caught her arm and turned her to face him, and she cried out and fought his grip, but he just pulled her against him.

"NO!" she sobbed, fighting him. "NO! He's going to kill us! He's going to take me again!"

Elijah just buried his face in her hair, keeping her to him. "Luna, I need you to breathe."

"I shouldn't have disobeyed the master!" she sobbed, pounding Elijah's chest with her fists. "I shouldn't have!"

He sighed, lowering his lashes.

She was having a panic attack; possibly a psychotic break.

"Sweetheart," he soothed gently.

"He's coming! He's COMING! Let me go!"

Elijah just held her tightly. "The master is dead."

"He's going to hurt me!" she sobbed again. "He's going to hurt me again! I don't wanna hurt! I don't wanna be taught a lesson again! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have celebrated my birthday! I'm sorry!"