6 - Murder Spree

"Ba—da—dum," Luna said as she and Elijah snuck through an alleyway. "Ba—dum! Ba—dum!"

He cast her a look at the noise. "Do you mind?"

She giggled, smiling sweetly. "We're about to kill someone! Gotta keep up the suspense!"

He made an impatient noise. "Yeah, and he'll figure out we're onto him."

She waved his response away. "Who cares! He's just a hunk-a-dunk."

Elijah gave her a look before shaking his head, and he continued down the alleyway as Luna followed.

"Ba—dum," she said quieter, making his lashes lower. "Ba—dum. Ba—dum."

He sighed and stopped in his tracks, eyes locking on a tall businessman standing in the middle of the alleyway.

Elijah's lips parted as he sank against a wall, and Luna did with him, giggling a little.

"Shhh..." he whispered.

"Sorry," she replied quietly.

He just gazed up, watching as the business man exchanged money with some other man, and suddenly, a limousine parked next to them, and the back door opened.

Luna's lips parted when a girl was shoved out from the backseat, crying out when she collapsed on her knees in front of the man who paid.

The businessman's eyes only glowed in the darkness... with something less innocent.

The women set her head on the ground, crying softly as the man who paid got into the limousine and left, and the women just remained there as if afraid to move.

"Get up," the man hissed. "You're my bitch now. So act like it."

Elijah suddenly cocked his gun, and Luna gasped a little when he stepped out from hiding and aimed it directly at the businessman.

His head shot up, and he took a step back as the women remained in place.

"Who the hell are you?" the businessman questioned.

Elijah chuckled darkly, and Luna hopped out from hiding and waddled next to him, clutching onto his arm.

"My name is Elijah Lapsus," he said, tipping his head to the side as the familiar danger swarmed his eyes. "And who might you be?"

The businessman stammered for a moment. "Look, this doesn't concern you—"

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION," Elijah hissed.

He drew back at his demanding tone and settled back into himself, clearly trying to look strong. "Uhm... my name is Damon."

"What were you planning on doing with that girl, Damon?" Elijah inquired.

"Look," Damon said, looking back up angrily, "when I said this doesn't concern you, it doesn't concern you."

Elijah cocked his gun. "Try me."

Luna giggled when she saw the businessman swallow down fear.

"She's my wife... she belongs to me."

"She doesn't look like she wants to be with you," Elijah noticed.

"It doesn't matter," Damon said, scoffing. "She's my wife therefore she belongs to me." He then shoved her up, making her cry out and shield her face. "Think of running again and I will cuff you to the bed next time, understand?"

She let out short whimpers and nodded.

Luna watched Elijah's lashes lower.

Luna just gazed up curiously. "Can I kill him? Pretty please?"

He cast her an amused look. "Not yet, princess. Patience, okay?"

She sputtered her lips. "I'm never patient."

"Look," Damon said then, holding onto the girl's wrist as she cried softly, "this doesn't concern you, whoever you are. And you don't want to threaten me with that stupid gun of yours because I won't be polite. I am very powerful and I will hunt you down before you can ever think to hide."

Elijah only smiled. "Threaten?" he echoed, laughing before his orange eyes locked on him. "Whoever said I was threatening?"

Five gunshots went off, and the girl screamed when her "husband" jolted back with all five rounds.

He then let go of her wrist, yelling out when he collided with the cold, hard ground, gasping as his vision tinted with red.

"Run," Elijah told the girl, "now."

She listened immediately and scrambled away, sobbing.

"You... don't want to kill me," Damon said, struggling as Elijah stepped calmly to him, sliding more bullets into his pistol. "I will hunt you down... You won't be... safe."

Elijah chuckled, kneeling before his body as Damon struggled to breathe; one of the gunshots clearly slicing through his artery on his shoulder because it was spitting out blood.

Luna stepped forward after Elijah, canines extending as the potent scent of blood invaded her entire form.

"Well, you're going to die," Elijah said, nicking his chin with his thumb with a smile as Damon gasped, "and let me tell you... dying is not pleasant. Especially when Luna kills you. She's cruel about it, too."

Luna stepped forward, every part of her tingling as the crave for blood impaled her skin.

"Night—night," Elijah said, smirking, "maybe in your next life, you'll choose to be a better person... and if you don't," he made a tsk noise, "I'll hunt you down again. I'm very good at that."

Luna let out low growls as she stepped closer.

"Luna," Elijah said as Damon's eyes flickered up to her in horror, "food."

She then shot out to him, making him scream as her canines sliced into his neck within seconds.

*****

"Yummy?" Elijah inquired when Luna sat up, wiping the blood from her lips.

She gazed up and him and nodded quickly. "Coppery with a touch of selfish."

He laughed then, and she giggled, smiling sweetly.

Elijah just parted his lashes, regarding her as she swayed back and forth on her heels.

"You wanna get wasted tonight, Luna?" he asked her.

She gave him a daring look. "That sounds like fun."

He then smiled and caught her arm, and she giggled when he pulled her to the bar.