11 - I love killing people

"Trying to escape?" Elijah remarked as the man crawled slowly out of the alley. "How..." he slammed his foot into his side, "LOWLY OF YOU."

He choked and rolled over, breaths straining as his eyes flickered from Elijah, to the wall behind him.

"So," Elijah said, flipping his pocketknife casually in his hand, "where did you send the money to?"

The man curled up into the fetal position, whimpering, "Please... sir."

Elijah stepped menacingly up to him, making Luna's eyes sparkle as she sat a bit away from them.

Elijah's eyes were closed in shadows, just the orange visible as he smiled sadistically, stepping forward toward the man. "Did you hear my question?"

"Please..." he said, "sir."

He just chuckled under his breath, tipping his head to the side. "Roll over."

Elijah shoved his foot against the man's side, making him cry out as he rolled onto his back.

He gazed up hesitantly as Elijah kneeled by his side, lightly running the blade along his chin and drawing a line of blood. "Where did you send the money to?"

The man just gasped under his breath. "To the guys... to get the girl again."

"The girl?" Luna said, rocking from side to side. "The girl you saved?"

Elijah glanced back at her with a smile, but when he looked back down to the man, the sadistic look crossed his face again. "So, you decided to try to find the girl again? Your family sure wants that innocent girl, don't you? You just abuse her daily, huh?"

"She's..." he said, gasping, "a family legacy... the... key to our wealth... if she marries one of us... her parents' money will be hours."

Elijah chuckled darkly. "The parents that miraculously died when they declined the marriage? The same parents that were slaughtered in their sleep? The same girl that was kidnapped the night her parents died?" He laughed softly. "That's very cold of you, don't you think?"

The man just rolled onto his back, struggling to breathe.

"Your brother hit that girl," Elijah said, kneeling by his form. "He abused her daily. He smacked her, whipped her, punched her... and it never ended, did it? Was it not enough that she succumbed to your greed? And... she ran away because she was so scared... SCARED. And you hired hit men to hunt her down?" He laughed. "Like a dog? Like a runaway kitten?" He lightly traced the wound on the man's jaw, making him wince. "So... I killed your brother to set her free... and she was free, and now you decide you want to marry her? Is she just going to pass down from sibling to sibling until you get everything she stood for?" He laughed again, tiptoeing his fingers along his jaw. "That's fine. I can kill each—and—every—single—one—of—you. Starting with your brother," he tapped the knife against his throat, making him whimper, "and then you. And then everyone else in that horrid family of yours."

Tears slipped from his eyes. "Please, sir... have mercy."

Elijah's eyes darkened to blood-orange. "Like you gave that girl?"

He just set his head against the floor, closing his eyes tightly.

"How would you like to die?" Elijah said, making Luna rock on her feet as he traced the blade along his chest, scraping the skin under his shirt as he whimpered. "I can gut you... heart first... tear it out and watch it beat in my hands... and then I could squeeze it while you watch, showing you how much blood the heart can hold. Give you a little anatomy lessen, huh?" Luna watched in curiosity as the man's white shirt darkened to red, Elijah continuously scraping the skin. "Or I could start with your kidneys," Elijah said, smirking as his eyes shown through the shadows of his face, "if you'd prefer. Or... you know I could start with your liver. Although as amazing as it is," he laughed softly, "the brain would be last. I want you to watch me take out every organ before you die. It's like an autopsy while you're still alive! Sounds interesting, right, Luna?" He smiled and glanced at her.