"6 & Davidson Seris" Vol#1 "The Resurrection of Pill Paul"

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are use fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental. 

The 6 & Davidson series, vol. #1. 

" The resurrection of Pill Paul" (By:Roberto Dilemma)

Some time ago my brother and myself were living in an apartment. This apartment was a place where we could make lots of noise. This was important because we had a, "Rock & Roll" ....(or we'd like to think rhythm & blues) band. 

This place was in a major decaying urban area, the locals referred it as, "6 & Davidson". Where we lived was the upper floors on a major street. Our apartment used to be a series of Doctor's offices...and even an, in office surgery room for the simple surgeries of the day. This room, with it's tiled rounded back wall, right at the front (rounded) corner of the building was perfect. This would be..."The Jam Room". 

We blasted our brand of, "Music" to the whole intersection. 

This apartment was also close to my brother's doctor. Let it suffice to say, he needed a doctor. 

Well at the Doctors one day he met a guy named Paul. Paul always wore a wide, folded, "Doo-Rag" on his head. I ask him about this once and he said, "I got a metal plate in my head, from NAM". "I heard all the bullshit",...so unfortunately I ask to see. 

OK. A scarred up fucked up looking head. He tapped on it. It sounded different. Fuk the NAM story...true or false, this dude's head was jacked up. 

Well he got real good medicine. The second thing was....he wasn't all that smart. 

This apartment had waiting rooms, examining rooms, (most rooms had sinks in them) and the Doctors offices. It also had huge walk in closets.....or at least that's what they became when, "WE" moved in. My bedroom, Had three doors to enter it.  

I blocked off the one with my bed. On the outside of that door it said, "Dr. Private".  

I suppose the Dr. that used to be there took his name off....must have used a solvent, 'cause the door wasn't scraped up. 

Well the door I blocked off was the one leading to the center of the apartment. "The Core". It must have been the main waiting/reception room. It was big, and although it didn't have windows...it had a skylight. 

Everyone used the back door. There were two bathrooms and one was right off the kitchen. That's where the back door entered. 

Most people weren't allowed past the bathroom. "Pill Paul", was one of them. 

Something about him being a fucked up half wit, drug addict....just made me not trust him. He never made it to the core. The big room with the skylight was our living room. That was off limits to, "Riff-Raff". 

One day, "Pill Paul" came by after seeing the Doctor and getting his, "Scripts" filled. 

Him and my brother traded pills and worked out deals. These deals didn't concern me. 

At the time, I could barely keep control of my own life, I trusted my brother was watching out for what was best for him. 

It always happens like this but looking back, I can see....he wasn't. 

So they wheel and deal, whirl and twirl, and make deals with each other in the dark drug world. 

Well...the bathroom in the front of the apartment, This was only a half bath. Used to be part of a lab, no doubt, 'cause we used the little room next to it as an extra, limited kitchen.