2

"I have some amazing news!" Alex practically jumps out at Henry as he enters the house. Henry knows he should be used to Alex' lunatic behavior and constant overflow of energy but somehow, he is just not there yet. His heart beats fast in his chest as he tries to calm down after Alex' sneak-attack.

"Damn you, Alex! Are you trying to kill me?" Henry clutches his chest and leans against the doorframe a moment before pushing him backwards into the house with his hand on Alex' chest.

"Why would I try to kill you? That would be insane." Silently, Henry agrees and nods at that statement because it would be insane, which right now fits Alex rather well. But he doesn't get to say it out loud since Alex is too wired for Henry to even get a chance of getting a word in. "Especially now that I've gotten you a slot at a charity concert!"

"Are you serious!?" Without even giving it a second thought, he scoops Alex up and spins them both around. "I'm in? I'm preforming at a real bloody concert!!!!?"

"YES!!" Alex screams with delight, spreading his arms to the sides as Henry twirls them, trusting Henry to not drop him. Even a little giggle escapes him. A sound Henry unfortunately must admit to himself, tugs at his heartstrings. More that he wants it too.

Even though they have agreed on being open to the possibility of sex, it hasn't repeated itself since that one night, three days ago. Which is probably for the best. No matter how good it was.

Henry puts Alex back down, which causes Alex to pout slightly. Apparently, he likes being lifted, and Henry stores that info in the back of his head to use at another opportunity.

"So, I'm singing at a concert... with a live audience..."

"Yeah baby!" Alex jumps up and down in excitement with a wide contagious grin on his face, and then gives Henry the paper with the agreement Alex has made on his behave. "It's not the best spot – you are one of the first performers, but it's a chance of getting people to hear you sing."

"It's perfect Alex. Thank you so much." While still clutching the paper to his chest he pulls Alex in for a hug with his free arm, and without any hesitance Alex wraps his arms around Henry's neck. After a moment, Alex leans back slightly, looking at Henry with their noses almost touching.

"See, aren't you glad we are engaged now?" Alex wiggles his eyebrows at him.

"Like that has anything to do with it." Henry states calmly – or as calm as he can be with Alex so close to him – and then removes his arm from Alex' waist, but Alex doesn't let go of Henry.

"It has everything to do with it, babe."

"Don't call me babe..." Henry shakes his head with a deep sigh. "And are you seriously telling me that you wouldn't have fought for me to get this chance, if we weren't engaged?"

"What? No, of course not. That's not what I'm saying." Alex tilts his head and narrows his eyes at Henry, and Henry can't resist to think about how perfectly he is lined up for Henry to kiss him. But he restraints himself. He is not going to be the first one to initiate any kind of intimacy. That's Alex' thing. "I'm just saying, that haven't we been engaged, you had been on your way to jolly ol' England, without having a breakthrough in America. But since we are, you are now going to be a huge fucking star!" Alex jumps and wraps his legs around Henry's waist, and instinctively Henry catches him with a firm grip on Alex' ass." Too late Henry notices what he has done, but then Alex' lips is on his, and he just lets himself get dragged into the pleasure of soft lips, gentle biting and twisting tongues.

Henry knows he shouldn't be doing this. Alex is the type of person that does things without having any deeper meaning or thought to it. He just exists in the moment, which is perfectly fine – unless you are Henry and completely in love with a man that does not love you back. And Henry knows that no matter how much he tries, he can't deny the fact that he is spiraling deeper and deeper into the sinkhole that is his love for Alexander Claremont-Diaz. The man that asked Henry to marry him, just for a chance to enhance their careers.