8

It's insane. Alex knows this is completely fucking insane.

He is currently sitting in a lobby that is almost the size of Alex' entire house, waiting for Henry to convince his grandfather to see him. And it took fucking forever to persuade Henry to even let Alex try and talk to the grandfather. It required threatening to camp outside his apartment in a tent before he complied.

His palms are getting rather sweaty just from sitting here waiting. If the damn building is this terrifying how bad is the grandfather going to be? But Alex can't back out. He won't. It's Henry, for Christ's sake. He will do anything for him. Apparently even try to convince some old billionaire to release Henry from his work contract and convince him that the promise Henry gave him is complete and utter bullshit and will ruin Henry's life.

To get some of the tension out if his body, Alex walks around the lobby for a while, looking at the paintings and sculptures that are displayed. And the more he studies it, the more he is convinced some of it is legit stuff that should be in museums and at art shows.

"He agreed." Henry suddenly appears behind Alex, scaring the crap out if him.

"Holy shit!" Clutching his chest, Alex tries to get his heart to stop hammering. "Damn it, Fox. Make some fucking noises, why don't you. Let a guy know you are coming." Something seems to run through Henrys mind because for a second a mischievous smile plays at the corner of Henry's lips, reminding Alex of the old Henry. But then he turns back into the untouchable specimen of a guy with a stick so far up his ass, he must be able to taste wood. It is wild what a few months under the influence of a bigoted, narrowminded grandfather can do to his own grandson.

"I believe I always do let you know." The words leave his lips so flatly as if he wasn't just referring to the time where they were fucking and sucking each other on a regular basis. Alex just stares at Henry in disbelief. How can he be so fucking unaffected by all of this.

"You're an asshole..." is the only thing Alex can think to reply, because going down that road now wouldn't be of any help.

"Noted." He answers dryly and gestures towards the door leading to his grandfather's office. "This way." Alex follows Henry closely, unable to keep as much distance as he really should. But Henry is doing a good enough job for both of them. He is so distant he might as well be on another planet.

"Just to be clear, I still think this is a terrible idea."

"Got it." Alex responds. "it's not like you've told me over a hundred fucking times."

"And the swearing..." Henry ignores Alex' sarcastic remarks, "you have to avoid that if you want him to take you seriously. He isn't particularly fond of Americans to begin with, so using the language that you are prone to, will just make everything worse."

"What's wrong with Americans?" Alex tries to not take offence of it, but he isn't completely successful.

"Besides the fact that you are uncultured?"

"Wait, you agree with him?"

"I didn't say that Alex" Something in Henry's tone of voice changes, and Alex dares to glance in his direction. Henrys eyes show a completely different range of emotions, than one would suggest by seeing his external behavior. Alex can see the turmoil going on in his mind. Henry is afraid of his grandfather, and he is close to a panic attack, just covering it up with his stiff and unemotional acting.

Maybe he should really not talk to this man, if it gets Henry into that much distress? But it's too late when he hears a door being opened.

"Mr. Claremont-Diaz." A rather tall and very well-dressed older man greets him when he sets foot into the office. Alex can clearly see where Henry has his newly acquired posture from. "I was informed that you inquired a meeting. To what do I owe the pleasure? And make it quick please, my time is far too valuable." He gestures for Alex and Henry to take a seat and Alex already despises him. This man thinks he's above everyone else.