5

"My grandfather is going to kill me. Like actually kill me." The tension in the kitchen is filled with frustration as Henry is leaning against the countertop staring into thin air while continuing to ramble on about his family and what they will do to him. Alex, however, is trying to create a meal for them since he knows Henry is always less cranky and spiraling, when he is full.

"Well, he is old. We can take him." Alex responds rather dryly (since they have been talking about this exact same thing for an hour, and Alex ran out of supportive emotions around the time Henry stated that his grandfather would probably drag him back to England and build up a wall around his body so he could die slowly of starvation, and Alex took this as a sign of Henry being hungry) and he nudges Henry out of the way with a bump of his hips. Henry moves, but only a few inches.

"Don't be so sure. He would probably send assassins anyway." Alex sighs frustrated when Henry didn't move far enough away for him to be able to open the bottom cabinet. He waves the spatula slightly threatening in Henrys direction.

"Move you damn ass!" Henry looks rather surprised at the outbursts as he narrows in at Alex - almost like he had forgotten he was there. "Sorry," Alex adds less frustrated, "move your gorgeous and very firm ass."

"You have to stop talking about my ass, Alex." He moves further away from Alex so he can open the cabinet and hops up onto the counter instead. In the process he notices all the vegetables Alex has been dicing and decides to steal one and props it into his mouth - earning himself a slap over his fingers with the waving spatula. "Ouch. That hurt!"

"Then don't steal my damn food! I'm making it for you. You could at least be civil and wait!"

"You are making this for me?" Henry blinks at Alex and Alex barely resists the urge to grab Henry by his collar and shake him violently.

"What the hell did you think I was doing? Some kind of witchcraft to keep your family away?"

"I... I guess I didn't think about it at all. Although the witchcraft thing would be an incredible idea." Henry leans closer to the pot simmering on the stove, "this does smell terrific, though."

"Of course, it does. I'm making a damn effort, you idiot."

"Thank you." Henry catches Alex of guard as he leans in and kiss him on the lips. "Even for the idiot part. Thank you."

Alex blinks. "Uhm... you're welcome..." One of these days, Alex knows he will get some kind of mental disorder due to trying to keep up with Henry's constant mood swings and shifting attitudes. Even after all this time, Alex has no fucking clue what game Henry is playing or how he actually feels about this situation. He seems to change his damn mind every fucking minute and Alex has no idea how to catch up. "Just stop spiraling over what your grandfather might do and focus on deciding what to do about your sister. Are you going to call her?"

"I don't know... I really don't want to lie to her, but I don't want to disappoint her either... and this," he sighs and rests his head against the top cabinet, "this will probably disappoint her a great deal."

"because of me?" Alex tries to sound as casual as possible, but his heart is racing – fearing the answer."

"No. Because it is illegal, and she expects better of me."

"Oh... okay." At least that is better, in Alex' opinion. He has only meet Beatrice once, and to be honest, he wasn't paying her much attention, since Henry was stealing all of it. It was the day they met. The day Alex lost his heart to Henry, even though it still took him an entire year plus the fear of losing him to get him to realize it. "On a different matter," Alex holds up two different chilis "spicy or my favorite: really fucking spicy?"