Scene 4 | A Friend In The Oasis

In the middle of the opera house, there stood two deities who looked each other eye to eye. An orchestra playing along the background and the guillotine twirled above the Archon awaiting for the final closure. Secrets spilled forth softly and the Dragon Sovereign watched with bathed breath.

"Furina's strengths were of a kind only a human could possess, as were her shortcomings." Focalors said with adoration, a small smile playing along in her lips.

A hand reached out to the air as her eyes looked at the Hydro Dragon Sovereign at the corner of her eyes. "But in my eyes, Furina's humanity was what made her perfect. She was perfectly human in every way... the person I always wanted to be."

"Anyways, so then I cursed--"

"How utterly cruel so, don't you think?" The scene froze and the melodies had stopped. A woman with black hair in a golden gown with blood seeping through it had appeared through the passage of myriad of stars. She hummed as her pale finger went to poke Focalor's cheeks and her starlight eyes twinkled.

"For a God who is supposed to be all knowing, she was driven to a corner due to the arrogant views of those above the heavens. Forced to make a harsh decision-- a decision for her human counterpart to partake into a cruel play." She smiled, a pained look flashed in her face before it disappeared.

She then giggled softly. Her bloodied feet taking a step in the stage and the room turned over as she floated. Acting as if the world hadn't turned upside down. "But the moment she decided to split herself into two was when fate had taken a different course in its own. Truly, it is amusing that Celestia isn't aware of such fact given that they like to boast their reign over Teyvat."

She stopped walking, her pale finger on her chin as she ponders. "But I suppose it is because they themselves are playing a certain role and the world itself is the stage, and I am perhaps a special spectator?" She asked. Before her eyes met with the one who was watching her.

"Oh, I can feel the confusion in your gaze. Hehehe, do pardon me, I am merely a person who likes to poke her nose to other people's problem." She whispered softly as she poke Focalors in the nose.

"Do not worry for every puzzling pieces will set itself down and the answers you seek will appear in front of your eyes.'' She brought a pale finger in her lips as she winked.

''All you need to do is keep silent, listen and watch.''

----------

The Marechaussee Phantom officer stood straight in front of the Chief of Justice who was staring at him blankly. He was standing up unlike the usual sight of him sitting and looking at multiple folders of cases, reading in a patient manner the whole day.

Compared to other days, he felt something different from the Iudex. Of course Fontaine had just been flooded and it was understandable if the Chief of Justice was in a bad mood for there would be many works that needs to be done. But the officer knew that the reason for this tension he felt wasn't from the Prophecy coming to past.

It was the reason why he was in the room after all.

The silent was stifling and he felt himself wanting to run back to his other coworkers. He should have known from the way his other colleagues left the room with a terrified and tense expression a few hours ago that he shouldn't have volunteered to report in attempt to get more gossip from the Chief of Justice.