Scene 12 | Trouble Lurks In The Shadows

The Spectator lay comfortable in her stomach as she stared blankly to the waters. Red nail caressing the sea of stars beneath her. "Don't blame me for intervening however I like, Diuex de Etoiles. You've brought me into this mess and I will ensure that I will fix everything my way."

The stars twinkled beneath. "What? Is it wrong for me to help her? Do not forget who I am: credit is due to where credit is deserved. She deserves everything the world has to offer. And its not like its unfair for me to do so."

She flicked a finger and the water splashed. "You do realize it haven't you? For beings like us, time does not exist in this paradox of dimensions and worlds. Focalors, it seems, plans on doing something... grand at the end of the show." She scoffed, covering her eyes with her arm. "What a vexing woman that she is."

As she expected, numerous golden and violet comets passed by her feet. Her starlight eyes shimmered and widened when three distinctive colors caught her eye. One was blue with swirls of water, the other green with wind accompanying it and the last one was orange with a hue of gold and rocks. "You have to be joking. Fate really diverged itself from what was supposed to happen, I underestimated it."

She sat to her red couch and looked abruptly to her tea cups. Two new ones appeared and she frowned when one took the shade of sky blue and the other dark blue.

"Attracting people we don't want to meet is really something you and I can't seem to avoid... isn't it Furina?" She sneered and crossed her arms as the cries in the background strengthened. "Ugh, I do not like this."

The stars twinkled in jest, finding the situation too amusing as the Spectator groaned.

----------

It has been 3 days since Lumine has been receiving guests from different nations.

Focalors' congratulatory celebration has reached to every corner of Teyvat and the news spiraled out of control the moment Charlotte heard it after an interview from one of the officer working in the Palais Memornia. It was supposed to be a small surprise party for the Hydro Archon, but misinterpretation couldn't be avoided and now the people of Fontaine had went out to make it as grand as it is.

But of course the stirrings of conflict couldn't be avoided.

Honey colored eyes looked sharply at some of the Fontainians who were preparing and putting up blue colored flowers of variant colors to every roof of their houses. The younger ones were elated and seemed naive as if nothing could deter them, but the ones who were aware were hesitant.

Their eyes cloudy and fists were closed as if reminded by a topic that should not be voiced out.

Where is our Lady Furina?

The Traveller knows that Focalor's celebration was not all about happy and congratulatory as even the Hydro Archon herself was not elated about the party. Fake archon Furina may have been, but the majority still loved the ex-archon who could sweep the crowd with flick of her finger and her dramatic, spoiled acts. Almost all Fontanians had loved Furina for all that she was after 500 years of her reign.

While there were some Poisson citizens who had celebrated and mocked Furina's disappearance causing the loyal followers of the ex-archon to defend her and turned it into a conflict.

Thanks to the tribute of the leader of Spina de Rosula, Navia, those people were brought to court and have been sent to the Fortress of Meropide a few weeks to repent. Though if they haven't learned their lessons, it could become months, or even years.