Ch 3, Journey to the Alley

I put the basket with sleeping Harry at the counter of the kitchen aisle and go to pick him up. Then I make my way to the bedroom, as there is no way I'm letting him out of my sight, and look for a cloth to clean up the wound of his as much as I can. He fusses a little so, I try to be as gentle as possible.

After I've made sure he is comfortable and clean, I make place for him to sleep on the bed with me. There was somewhere that I read that babies feel reassured with a presence beside them. After making sure he would not fall or wake up just yet, I make my way to the trunk to look for pajamas and change. Turning off the lights with only a lamp lit(I need a nightlight...) I get under the covers and sleep with my hand on Harry's chest, protectively.

-the next day-

It feels like I'm suffocating... it's hard to breathe... Oh no! I'm choking!

I can feel my heart beating fast. I shout to myself, "Wake up!... Come on!! WAKE UP!!"

I open my eyes, breathing heavily. I see... that it's a good thing I didn't startle up as there's little Harry on my chest. Well, that explains the dream...

"Hey there... Morning." I whisper as I make my way to pick him up, sitting up and putting him on my lap. He looks up at me at that angle with those big bright green eyes, looking oh so confused but curious. He's so cute!

"Hello Harry. Shall we look for something for you to eat?" I say to myself more than him. I carry him with me towards the kitchen to prepare some mashed fruits for him, as I don't really have baby food with me, while I make a simple breakfast for myself. He points and blabbers all the way through the process.

After we're done eating, I get the both of us ready to go out. I look to the handsome young man on the bed, "Shall we go and try to find The Leaky Cauldron? Then we'll go to Gringotts to look or open an account for me, then maybe look for a job in the latter's case. We'll need another place to live too... And of course, your necessities... I really hope I have some money here...", I mutter the last part.

We make our way outside, making sure to lock the door (As it IS the only place that I know and own here).

Now, to consider my options... I can either take a taxi, but then I would have to count on the fact if they know/can see the Leaky, as I don't really remember the street name... Or I could call the Knight Bus and hope they take muggle money as fare. There's also the option of roaming around like a headless chicken. Kinda liking the second option best...

Making up my mind I go look for a secluded area, to call the Knight Bus.

-In front of the Leaky Cauldron-

After getting off from the Knight Bus, (yes, they take muggle pounds), I make my way towards the run-down pub, making sure that Harry's scar is obscured by the cute hat I put on him before leaving. Wouldn't want the wizarding world to know their savior is out in Diagon. And I'm pretty sure Dumbledore would be more furious than worried...

I go up to the barman and knock on the counter, "Excuse me...". He turns around and smiles (good...I don't look suspicious), "Good morning! What can I do for you miss?".

" I was hoping you could open the Alley for me...? It's my first time here so I don't know how." No lie there.

"Of course! If you would follow me..." He makes his way out the counter and starts walking towards the back. I follow. When we reach the entrance, I make sure to memorize it for next time. That reminds me! I would need a wand too.

I thank Tom- I remember his name finally, and make my way to the alley. It is a nice experience. It also helps that not many people are out and about yet. Must still be reeling from celebrating the Dark Lord's fall from the night before... either way, good for me!

First order of business- The Bank!