Ch 27, Severus Snape Is My What Now?!

MY DARLINGS!! THE MOMENT YOU ALL HAVE ANTICIPITATED, WHETHER YOU KNEW ABOUT IT OR NOT, IS HEREEEEE.....!!!!!

sorry about that... enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Severus P.O.V. – (SURPRISE!!)

It has been a few months since that fateful night. It would be a lie to myself to say I haven't grieved them. And yes, them. All has been forgiven and forgotten when apologies were exchanged.

It was a few months after they went into hiding that James requested to talk with me. He apologized for all those years of bullying disguised as pranking and I apologized to Lily for calling her...'that'. All in all, we got along well until...

It wasn't that hard to forgive after clearing the misunderstanding he had of me for liking Lily in a romantic way. I myself thought of that possibility in my early years but after fifth year, it was apparent that the love I had for her was in a sisterly way and not romantic at all. That year being the time I got my creature inheritance, I was confused as is, and with all that bubbling up, and then 'that' incident, added to the mix, I was bound to explode eventually. It was unfortunate that Lily ended up on the receiving end of it, though.

I am broken out my thoughts, by the ending of another rant of the old man that included the same old recorded tape of 'the greater good', 'the dark lord not being dead' and how 'Harry is as safe as possible'.

I've had this same meeting in the headmaster's office that it just feels like repeating the same days at this point. And have my luck, I can't even leave without being noticed by him, because Merlin forbid, his prized spy be allowed to have some piece of mind. The only time I can have to myself, that is after classes or on weekends, is taken by this blasted fool to check my mark to 'make sure'.

I look away from the table to the headmaster when he FINALLY dismisses me with a 'it's best if we look out for any updates on the Dark Lord, because he WILL be back Severus'.

I barely contain a sigh at that and bolt (gracefully walks) out the door. With a clear destination in mind, I enter my quarters and straight towards the Floo, already building up my rant. Hopefully, Lucius will be available for a drink or maybe I could spend time with Draco for some piece of mind. Besides, I'm sure Narcissa wouldn't mind the surprise visit.

-at Malfoy Manor-

I get out of the Floo and finally being at ease just start talking, "That waste of space senile old man. I swear if he mentions one more time about the not so dead or dead Dark –" I look up from dusting off my robes and see how big of a mistake it was to not inform Narcissa of my arrival. Or not waiting for just a moment before talking,

Narcissa had a guest. And she was NOT happy with my sudden visit by the way she was storming towards me, ready to curse. Or maybe it's the fact that I almost said ' The Dark Lord' like a part of a normal conversation.

Bypassing my mishap, I look towards Narcissa where she is giving me a forced smile, "Severus, I didn't expect you were visiting today." Ouch, guess I'm gonna hear a mouthful later about etiquette.

When I try to avoid eye contact with the she-devil, I see that her guest has moved towards us. and what I see just takes my breath away. How? How is this even possible? After all these years...when I had given up hope...And she's right there. My mate...MINE!

All those years back, everyone around me had found their mates and were dating or getting betrothed, and I was not able to find mine. Of course, I knew there could be a case of them not being born yet or just not going to Hogwarts, so I held hope. But during the war, and after hearing the prophecy I just thought that I must be one of those few that didn't deserve a mate, as I knew my sins, or maybe they had been one of the unfortunate ones to die during this war. So I made up my mind and stopped hoping. But now...

The way she walks towards me almost like gliding, with her long hair in a braid to her side and that shine in her blue eyes that has a purple sheen to them, she's perfect...

Meanwhile, she had reached us. She looked at Narcissa first, a small smile on her face, possibly at her antics, and I'm thinking - why isn't she looking at me.!

Oh... and then she does... and... my creature sings~ I have not felt like this ever before. There's this shine in her eyes when they lock with mine, but I can see she does not acknowledge me as I do to her. Must not be a creature then...

But that doesn't matter, she's mine now. I'll make her mine...

I am jolted out of my thoughts by a sharp pain in my ribs, and I see I have completely ignored my love while she was introducing herself. How foolish of me... must make it up to her.

So instead of shaking her hand I bring it up to my lips slowly and kiss her knuckles, "Pleasure to meet you as well." And then the most delicious reaction greets me. A cute rosy blush color her ears, only noticed if you're looking. And oh was I looking...

We stay like that for time that I don't care to count with me not letting go of her hand and her not pulling away from me, which I am delighted for.

She must, on some level, be attracted to me too. Even if not, a man can hope...

But alas, the moment had to end, when the door to the room opens, and my love suddenly takes away her hand from mine. I miss the touch already...*sigh*

She seems to notice the time as she turns towards Narcissa, who was happily sipping her tea and observing us since we shook hands. And hurriedly makes her exit for an urgent appointment. But before she leaves, I can't help but touch her one last time. So as to not spook my darling more than I surely already have, I just graze her hand while she leaves.

And then she's gone. I watch the Floo for a few more moments, and then reluctantly turns at the sound of a cough from no doubt my dear and good friend, Narcissa. Who is now accompanied by Madame Longbottom, who looks to be brought up to date by Narcissa and seems to look forward to the show.

I suppress a sigh and make sure my expression is as polite, so that I can get more information about this new friend of hers that the pair of both husband and wife failed to tell me about. But by the hawk like gaze I receive, I can tell that rather being interrogating, I will be interrogated.

Either way, I'm sure I'll get my curiosity sated...Hopefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to say, thank you so so much for showing so much love with your reactions and comments. It honestly always puts a smile on my face and encourages me to keep writing. So, by all means, fell free to comment and show support because I really REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!

- Author ^^