Ch 20, Invite to meet the Peacock!

There are a lot of things that are non-canon for the sake of the plot, that you all must note:
- William 'Bill' Weasley will be older than usual in this story, making Molly and Arthur older than canon
-The mother of Narcissa and Bellatrix, Druella is dead. (I will be sure to mention it in the story too)
-Tom Riddle (Vampire) and Severus Snape (Dark Elf), both will have a creature inheritance. This is a major part of the story and a Huge spoiler.
Please read with these few changes in mind.
.
.
If you notice any other parts that require clarification, please comment. I will answer when possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-at Hufflepuff Cottage-

As Hade was already sleepy, I put him to bed upstairs with Rose as his guard and head to my Study. There I finally take out the shrinked Horcrux and unshrink it. The warmth from it is still curiously present, but I sense no malicious magic from it. In one of the fan-fictions I read back in my world, it mentioned that the diary tries to lure you to write in it... But nothing of the sort is happening to me. Curious...

For now, I place it at the bottom drawer of my Study Table and lock it with a muggle lock. As it is unlikely to be opened by magic by these wizards. I then start to pen my letter to Gornuk with an official meeting for tomorrow afternoon.

After sending that letter through Olive, I take a parchment out to start my list for the things I need to do and buy tomorrow after the meeting with Gornuk.

First would be commissioning of a moleskin pouch for the Horcruxes that I am inevitably going to collect. Of course, I'll first check for it in my various vaults, if not there I'll commission it through Gornuk. Then would come the formal Plum robes for the Wizengamot. With the session on Dec 15, I'll have them ready by then. Then would be some very important muggle stationary, as there is no way in hell I'm writing with these quills and cramp my hand like right now.

With my agenda set for tomorrow, I head to bed.

.

.

.

Throughout the whole week, I was on continuous friendly correspondence with Narcissa. After the first tea and play date among the boys, she keeps insisting on continuing it, also subtly mentioning inviting more such kids (that are heir to major families). After ignoring those insinuations for some time, she finally let's go. Maybe not for good, but for now.

During such correspondence comes the day that I finally get confirmation regarding Lucius' part in my introduction to the Wizarding politics...

-seven days after the Tea Party-

It is a quiet day when I have especially kept my day free from going anywhere, to finally put some work into the back garden of the house. I get my wand to cut down all the wild plants and weeds, and if my proficiency of the cutting hex improves, then no one is complaining. After spending good few hours in just making the land clean, I ask Rayl to start planting seeds, with essential potion ingredients on the left and common household vegetables on the right. I also tell her to place flowerbeds and use them as boundaries for the same.

With my messy state I enter inside and with the front door open, I see Hade playing around the front yard with Rose sitting close by with a picnic basket. Smiling a little to myself, I head upstairs to take a shower first. Entering my room, I change my mind and set up a long hot bath instead. No matter the weather, a girl needs her hot baths.

When I come out of the bath after thirty minutes is when I see Olive on my reading chair by the window with two letters. One of them is the same elegant script of Narcissa, but the other one with a green wax stamp is unfamiliar. Taking the letters from Olive I set up some owl treats for him and sit on the same chair.

Seeing as the official green stamp is of the Malfoys, it is safe to assume it is by Lucius, so I decide to read Narcissa's first...

Dear Isis,

I know it is too early after my last letter, but I finally have confirmation regarding your request. I have talked to Lucius regarding your official introduction. He is very grateful for what you did for Draco and has agreed to the honor of introducing someone of your stature. But he wants to be introduced to you informally first.

As the earliest session is the one you want to present at, he has expressed to meet before then. I am sure you will find his official invitation reaching you soon if not before. If it is not too much of a hassle, please accept.

Your Friend

Narcissa

P.S: As it will be a private meeting, I would not be attending. And thank you for the Dragon comforter, Draco loves it.

Seems like she mentioned quiet a few things to Lucius to persuade him, such as saving Draco and of course, my titles. Wicked women...heh. "I guess Draco loved the comforter made by Rose..." I mutter to myself. So the official one must be the invite...