Ch 26, The Death of Me

Hey there darlings! 

Thank you all so much for the love and support. I never expected such good feedback, and I am so grateful. So, another update so fast because I could not, in good conscience, just leave you all hanging . So here is the Epic Entry (in my opinion)!!

Augusta had just left the room when Cissa and I take our seats again and wait. It would not even have been two minutes when the Floo flared again and in walks the one and only person I was dreaded and excited to meet in equal measures. Severus Tobias Snape!!!

With his usual attire of all black and his shoulder length hair, surprisingly, tied in a half up do, he looks so...real and of course, handsome. So handsome... The resemblance to the actors that played the parts in the movies has been somewhat close, as is the same with him. He does look like the actor Alan Rickman but also not. The crooked nose detail is the same, but his hair is not that greasy, his complexion is not that pale.

The features are not exactly like the actor but they could pass for brothers easily. I am relieved though, that he is not the exact same as Alan because I could NEVER feel what I feel for this man standing in front of me, for the man that I respect so much, because that would've been sick.

Granted he is not handsome by any means, but he's not ugly either. There is a type of charm there that just lures you in the more you look.

Seeing him, Narcissa gets up from her seat opposite me and moves towards Severus, all the while, said man has started to – rant? "That waste of space senile old man. I swear if he mentions one more time about the not so dead or dead Dark –" he cuts himself short when he finally looks up from brushing his clothes of dust and notices Narcissa has company.

Who by the time has reached Severus and was about to cut his speech, if her piercing eyes or forced smile was any indication. Meanwhile, there's me who is trying to control her laugh at that rant. I guess even he is different here...

Disregarding or maybe ignoring all this, Cissa starts to introduce us, "Severus, I didn't expect you were visiting today" meaning – why didn't you inform me you were coming. Then she turns towards me, "Isis this is our family friend and Draco's godfather, Severus Snape. Severus, this is my new friend Isis Rosier, her son Hadrian is Draco's playdate today."

While she was addressing him, I had gotten up and moved towards the two of them, with Narcissa between us on my right and him in front of me, just a few spaces far.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Snape." As no titles were given in either exchange, I use Mr., and move my hand towards him for a handshake. Aaaah...I'm gonna shake hand with THE SEVERUS SNAPE!!

Narcissa smiles and turn towards Severus, who by the way, has been impersonating a statue since he saw me. He is just staring at me and not moving an inch, my hand is just there in between us, hanging in the air.

Seeing him zoned out, Cissa moves beside him and elbows him harshly, which seems to have worked as finally he moves to shake my hand. Or what I thought he would do.

But instead, he takes my hand and bends down to kiss my knuckles...all while making eye contact. Man! I hope my blush is not visible... what is happening!?

Not realizing that I am having an internal panic attack, he replies, "Pleasure to meet you as well." Oh, that deep voice could melt diamonds. I did not know Severus Snape had rizz!!!

And he still hasn't let go of my hand. I don't know how long we stayed like that with him just looking at me, me avoiding eye contact and neither of us letting go of each other's hands.

But it is when the door suddenly opens and Augusta walks in, is when I realize it all and let go of his hand. I also notice that Narcissa had already moved back to her seat and was drinking what looked like her third cup of tea. Exactly how much time passed...? And when I make eye contact with her, turning my back to Severus, she smirks. SMIRKS! Damnit! I'm not a high school girl! What is wrong with me? What is wrong with HIM?

I decided I need to abort. Turning to everyone in the room, pointedly ignoring the still staring Severus, I say, "*cough* I think I have stayed here longer than planned, so I best leave. Cissa I'll pick Hade in the evening. Then..." I give a nod at both the women and swiftly make my way towards the Floo. Which, just have my luck, is right behind Severus. Brilliant!

As he's in my way I turn to go around him, and to all that is romantic in the world, he touches my hand as I pass! I just take a glance back and hurriedly leave through the Floo.

As I come through the Floo back home, all thoughts of going to gather the Horcruxes are yeeted out my head and all I can think of is his stare...The possessiveness in his eyes... How can someone that you've just met, look at you like that?! This is absurd!

There has to be a reason for it. There is no way that THE feared professor of Hogwarts would behave like that. I slump on the couch in the living room and just stare at the garden outside.

"How the hell did that happen? DID it happen?... I don't know..." I just lie face first on the couch. And the more I think about this interaction the more confused I get. But more than that, I just can't seem to get this dopey smile off my face. He kissed my hand...he kissed my HAND...he KISSED my hand...*sigh*

I am officially screwed...

.

*BTW NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE A SURPRISE!!! DO LOOK FROWARD TO IT ^^