Ch 18, It's A Horcrux!

Recap-

"No one is allowed in that study as it could be dangerous to touch anything in there. No elf can go in or out of it either. I don't know how they got a hold of that, or even how they got in."

Oh...I think I know what "Lord" the elf might have meant. Damn that Potter Luck!

The "Lord's Study" was located at the opposite side of the Manor than where we were. The hallways were much gloomier than I thought they would be and looked abandoned but clean. We passed a few closed doors. That was when we heard a ruckus. Hearing that, Narcissa sprinted towards the huge door at the end of the Hall.

The door was roughly the same height as the Library Archway back home, with silver serpent patterns all over it. It had a long handle in the design of – you guessed it! – a snake. I could see that it was magically closed before someone opened it. The door was ajar.

Narcissa looked back at me and seemed to contemplate on letting me come or stay. Eyes on the prize woman! After a few seconds she seemed to make her decision and we went inside. What we saw was in equal parts alarming and a bit funny...

The study was spacious, with what I could make of it, as the windows were covered with huge drapes, letting barely any light in. At our left, where there was the usual main desk, we saw a mirage of black smoke with red sparks going through it. On our right were both the kids.

Draco was clearly scared and hiding behind Hade, who was trying his best to cover Draco. The smoke on the other hand was trying to reach Hade but somehow wasn't able to leave the certain area. This was the alarming part. The funny part was that the smoke was the size of my hand, which wasn't all that much, and the way it was trying to reach the kids was by way of trying to take shapes of what I could only assume were ... toys, to try and lure them towards it.

Some weird mix of a dragon and a snake. Or was that a lion. I have no clue.

Getting out of our stupor we moved towards the kids to get them out of there. I told Narcissa to focus on getting the boys out while I tried to focus the mirage on me. I faced the mirage and it seemed to still for a moment. As if it was deciding what to take a shape of to lure me into touching it. While it was deciding that, I could see Narcissa taking the boys out the door. It was good that Hade was worried about Draco and didn't notice me staying behind, or he would have run towards me to see what I would do next. That crazy sense of self-preservation of his...Like I am any better right now *insert eye-roll*

Well, now it's just me and my lonesome... The smoke on the other hand had seemed to make a decision and started moving to take shape of a face...? Weird. It kinda looks like a young Tom Riddle from the movies...

That is when I noticed from where the mirage is coming from. On the desk just under this smoked-Tom, is an open book. Or more clearly, an open diary. The kids must have opened it and that is when the smoke must have come out. My brain cogs start to turn and that's when I realize that Oh...Oh! It's a Horcrux! Now what to do with it? I could either take it with me or... call Narcissa back in. but then I'll have to tell her what it is and that's just a whole another can of worms. Or... I could fling it out the window!... Yeah...Not the last one.

Weighing my options, I move towards the 'object' to try and... calm it down? As I approach closer to the desk, I make sure to not touch the smoke in any way, and just close the diary. Seeing as to what I am doing, the smoke-Tom (That is what I'm going to name him), thinking that I am approaching the diary, seems calm enough and starts to go back in.

I have just touched a corner of the diary, when it reacts and snaps shut. It seems like nothing even happened. I'll make sure to know how this even happened, I mean there is no way that those two little boys were able to break the enchantments, that I'm sure were numerous, on the door AND the diary.

I pick up the diary from the desk, that seems to exude a kind of warmth. Now how to take it with me. Can it be shrinked? Testing that theory, I point my wand towards it and try to shrink it. For a few moments nothing happens. As I am just about to put it back, it starts shaking on my hands and reduces to at least three sizes smaller than before. It worked!

I put it in my robe pockets, and look around the room one last time. After making sure nothing's amiss, I leave. Outside the door is the same elf that Narcissa had called before. He seems more nervous, being in this part of the Manor. His name was Chap? Champ? – "Chip!". Yep! That's the one.

"Mistress Guest is to follow Chip to Mistress Narcissa." He says and starts walking back.

The room I am lead to seems to be Draco's own room. Draco and Hade are on the sitting area, by the fireplace. And Narcissa is conjuring bubbles and sparks to distract them. They don't seem to be too shaken. In fact, Hade was not scared even before, from what I could tell. Maybe the soul part in him didn't react as much to the Diary Horcrux. I wonder why...

Everyone is Lacking in Creativity Here...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें