Ch 10, House Hunting

While I sort all the documents scattered and the table, so that I can move to put the purchases of the day away, I finally receive Ollivander's owl too. It sweeps in through the window carrying just a long black wood box. I take off the owl's burden and as soon as I do, the owl leaves.

I put the box on the table and make myself prepared for the shock of a wand I picked. With the materials that I picked I seriously hope it doesn't look the same as Voldemort's at least. When I open it, it's a pleasant surprise, as it looks nothing like the Yew wand of Tom. It is mixture of two colors – black and white, meeting in grey at the center. It's roughly 12 or maybe 13 inches, the handle is on the black end, with white being the tip. With no visible engraved patterns, it looks pretty much just a fancy piece of wood. But when you look closer, there are a series of dot-line patterns throughout the wood, making it look like stitching.

When I pick up the wand, it gives off a green and purple light, that covers me whole and lights up the living room. After it settle, there is a hum from it that I can feel reaching to my core and mending with it. So, this is what having a wand feels like...

On the inside of the flap of the box is the wand holster I purchased. I put them aside for now and try to sort the clothes and books that I might need tomorrow. No need to unpack everything if I'm going to be moving soon...hopefully. With all that done, I look at the time (3:15 am) and get ready for bed. It's another busy day tomorrow. I put the wand and the holster on the bedside table and go to sleep, with one hand protectively on Harry.

-morning the next day-

The first thing I noticed as I wake up is the astounding result of the overnight adoption potion. While there are no significant differences, but the differences that did happen are enough to distinguish Harry Potter from Hadrian Rosier. His eyes are still green, but they are a bit darker. As opposed to the Killing Curse-vibrant green, they are now forest green. His hair has also lost their unruly touch, and look well managed, if a bit wavy. His complexion has lightened a bit and doesn't look tanned anymore. Except the scar that still looks fresh, everything is far from the Harry Potter everyone would know. No suspicion with this then.

While I notice all this, he is already up and playing by himself. Though he does look like he's about to be cranky, so I change him and make my way to the kitchen to make milk for him while I pack something solid for him, for the trip. After he's well fed, I place him in the makeshift play-pen from yesterday, and do my breakfast while reading the book on basic spells and their theory.

I'm just halfway through the fourth chapter when I receive an owl. It's Gornuk's missive – our appointment is at noon for the tour of the houses. As it is still two hours till noon, I go about the day; tidy up the house and the kitchen, pick out clothes for both Harry and me, bathe us both, get him ready then me and pack supplies I'd need for Harry for the day in an expandable purse (that I charmed myself thankyouverymuch, though it took a fair few tries).

I call a taxi and get off at Charring Cross towards The Leaky Cauldron, although this time I just head straight to the back and open the pathway myself.

The street is fairly busy, though I don't see anyone that I would recognize (either from the movies or from the description in the books). Gringotts is also the same amount of crowded as the street. I move to an open teller and ask for Gornuk's office. He calls someone to show the way, leads us to the left of the bank and a few doors down.

As I knock and enter the office, I can't help but ask, "Is it just me or the last time, you showed the long way to your office?"

Gornuk cracks a little...smile? "Good afternoon, Lady Rosier Fawley LeF-"

"Just Lady Rosier please." I interrupt when it would seem he was adamant in saying the full name.

He accepts easily (and frankly seems relieved), "Of course, Lady Rosier. Shall we proceed with the house tour or is there some other business to attend first?"

"No. Just the tour for today. I hope you have proceeded with the ward work for Rosier Cottage."

He stands from his desk and leads the way while talking, "Yes. I also took the liberty to hire the best curse-breakers that Gringotts has to offer."

"I wouldn't expect anything less." I say with a little smirk at him, which he returns with one of his own. Hmm...vicious and efficient. I could get used to this.

We finally reach a huge circular room that looks to be made with green marble or Jade, full of engravings on the floor and walls, with various huge fireplaces placed at equal intervals, and torches for light between the spaces. He stands at the center and reaches in his pocket, and pulls out three different cloths, all different colors with different patterns.

"This is our Travel Room. Floo networks and portkeys are keyed to here, only for exclusive clients." He motions towards the fireplaces and then at the center of the room where we're standing. Explains the engravings then. "Now, which one would you like to visit first?"

"Rosier Cottage. I would like to see that first." I could also see the work they're doing.

He picks the red cloth, that now that I notice has the Rosier Family symbol engraved into it, and hands it for me and Harry to hold, and mutters – "Rosery" and we were off.