From Foes to Flame- part 19

Chapter 19

Adeline

I choke on my food and cough a bit but I'm fine. What's not fine is the size of Mataos muscles. Wow. Matao is standing outside lifting weights, the best part is that he is wearing a black compression shirt and grey sweatpants. His muscles look like they are about to rip his shirt, and you can see his defined abs through the shirt. His veins are popping out of his arms, and I am dumbstruck, I snap out of the haze when he drops the barbell on the ground. I look up at his face, my body completely frozen and see him smirking. He walks over to another machine that I haven't seen before and starts using it. I snap my eyes to my bowl and try to distract myself but every now and then I look up at him. And every time he is looking at me. This pattern repeats until I finish my food and go into the kitchen. I wash up my bowl and try to look at him out the window, sadly there was no luck. I flinch when I hear a bang outside and I rush out to see what's happened. Matao is standing there with the weight of the barbell on his foot. I open the door and hear him swearing under his breath. "Are you ok? Can I help? Oh god" he looks up at me and smirks.

"You can try to lift it if you want" he giggles. I walk over and bend over to lift it up. I slide my fingers into the cutouts in the metal and try to lift it up. No luck. I try again with all my strength, but it doesn't work. I look back up at him and her is staring at me with a smirk on his face. "It's alright princess I got it" I step back, and he picks it up effortlessly.

"You're so weak" I mock as he puts away the weight, and he glares back at me sending a shiver down my spine. He grabs out another weight and attaches it to the barbell and hands it to me. I grab it with two ands and it immediately drags me down with it. I stand up and cross my arms.

"Good try princess" I huff and walk away.

"I'm sick remember"I call out.

"Excuses, excuses" I hear him say as I walk back up the stairs.

I pull on some acceptable clothes and grab my joggers, I go to the front door and find it unlocked. That's different. I walk outside and down the footpath, the sun has not long ago risen, and the streetlights have now turned off. I walk for about five minutes before I find a small park, its empty and the houses along the streets are still dead silent. I sit on the swing for a bit, I don't actually swing I just sit on it. After another five minutes I see Matao walking down the foot path. His face is slightly red, and he is a bit puffed. "What are you doing?" He asks me. Here we go again, can a girl not go for a walk?

I stand up and walk over to him, I look up and see his hair is slightly we before I walk straight past him, and he follows closely behind "going for a walk".

He sounds slightly frustrated "why didn't you tell me? Your sick, you shouldn't be out here."

I don't care if I'm sick, I need to go for a walk. "I'm barely out of that house and I like being outside." I reply.

"You could have just told me that you were going." He tries to calm himself a bit.

"You were busy" I huff at him, he sighs, and we keep walking. I can see his house and I look back at him when the front of my foot hits a crack in the path. My body becomes off balance and I start tipping over. This is going to hurt. I close my eyes and feel a hand wrap around my wrist. Matao pulls my body back towards him, but he pulls too hard, and I go flying at him and land against his chest. I immediately push away from him "eww sweaty" he chuckles, and we keep walking.

We finally make it to the front of his house, and I go to open the door, before I have a chance, I feel his hands on my waist, and he spins me around to face him. He tilts my chin up to look at him and he is looking down at me, the way he looks at me is so much different than the way he looks at everyone else. He leans towards my face, and we are so close I can feel his breath on me. He hesitates for a moment before pulling me in for a deep kiss, it's like nothing I have ever felt before. He is my first everything. Matao, the person who I hated not long ago is my first everything and I love him. He pulls away and looks at me. He looks like he is waiting for me to say something but I'm completely frozen. He opens his mouth to say something, but he hesitates, he glances away quickly before looking back at me. "I love you" he says. My heart explodes, my stomach fills with so many butterflies I feel like I'm about to explode. I freeze and his facial expression changes, he looks embarrassed and sad. He turns to walk back into the house and without thinking I grab his wrist. He freezes and I kiss him. I feel him smiling against my lips and he hugs me so tightly I might snap in

half, but I don't want this moment to end. I stay there for a minute before pulling away to catch me breathe which he greedily stole from me.

"I love you too" I say breathlessly.