The Beginning

⚠️ Warning : Small mention of abuse in the form of a slap

Tally

Hi, I'm Tallulah Westergaard. My father is Hans, you know the one who tried to take over Arendelle. You're probably wondering why I wasn't named something with H, like Hannah or Harmony but according to my father my mom named me.

I'm 16 and I have a 7 year old sister Esme. I named her when she was born. Our mom walked out and never looked back 

"Yo! Table 6 is ready”

I work at a Cafe, Cheshire’s Cafe to be specific. Have been since I was 9 years old. Esme is at Hell Hall and in 2nd grade but she's really smart so they told me she'd probably get bumped up a grade or two next year. I used to be in school, but I had to drop out to make more money.

It's surprisingly been pretty busy on the Isle. Since the barrier came down, you'll see a bunch of people in different places. Of course most Auradonians stay in Auradon but some of the Islanders moved to Auradon.

The Isle really got fixed up. The buildings are a little nicer, the food is a little better but the biggest thing was jobs increased and so did housing. Now most families have a decent sized shelter and some food. Clothing is not scarce anymore because a lot of clothes get shipped to the Isle from Evie. 

Evie is one of the VKs that got invited to Auradon with Mal, Carlos and Jay. Mal fell in love with Ben and now they're married. Talk about the biggest power couple in Auradon. Carlos and Jane are still dating. Jane is actually training to become the next Fairy Godmother and the next Headmistress. Jay and Lonnie are engaged and are teachers at Auradon Prep and coaches. And Evie and Doug work together with Dizzy, my best friend for Evie4Hearts. Evie4Hearts is the most popular clothing brand/industry in the whole world. It's not only for the wealthy but for the poor too. She is also the right hand girl for Ben and on the Council. She's amazing.

Dizzy and I met when I was 7 and she was 7. Father told me I needed to support him so I worked with Dizzy. Then we met Evie. Dizzy has been a major help with Esme but she got invited to Auradon. Evie personally invited me but Esme needs me. Evie said that I could bring her with me but couldn't promise that we wouldn't be split. Apparently there are now systems for the kids that come over with no one to take care of them. Luckily though Evie helped me to get custody of Esme so I didn't have to worry.

You're probably wondering where my father is in all this. He's normally on the couch passed out watching the Royals. When I was little he was never really there. He only cared about drinking and watching ‘His dream’ crash and then he would take it out on me. 

Then Esme came along and it made him happy for a while…until it didn't. I took her and since then I've raised her. I used to live in the place where our dad lives but I quickly realized it wasn't a good environment for her so I left. I now rent a little “apartment” shelter, and I work at the Cafe and I help Lady Tremaine in the shop.

“Yo Talisa, you gonna get working? Imma bout to dock your pay” Peter yells.

“It's Tallulah” I mumble under my breath but get to work serving the customers.

“Hey I ordered the chicken soup not the egg sandwich”

“Sorry we were out”

“I want my CHICKEN SOUP”

“And I want to pay my rent on time but I work here so I guess we both don't get what we want” I huff.

Sorry years of trying to juggle everything and sometimes I just blow.

“Mama!” I hear. I look over and in comes Esme.

Yes I did try to explain it to her. When she younger I kinda tried to tell her about everything and how I'm her sister really. She got confused, but she kinda understands. She just chose to call me mom since that's what I am to her.

“Honey, how was your day?”

“Great, I learned about stealing, and cursing, but I also made this for you” 

She thrusts a paper up to my face and when my eyes adjust I see it's a hand made picture of her and I.

“Love, this is amazing, and I'll hang it up right when I get home”

“Okay, are there tr-eats?”

“Yes but not before your dinner”

Sh pouts but smiles again, “I'm going to play wis Cat”

Cat short for Catalina is Cheshire’s daughter. No I don't know how that works and no, I don't want to know either.

“Okay stay with her until I get you”

“Hey you! More working less chatting. I need you to work overtime Wen just quit.”

Evie 

“Ben, is it done?” I ask as I walk into his office.

“Yeah Fairy Godmother, Jane and Mal got it ready”

“Perfect, okay, great, oh- and remember you have a 2 ‘ o clock with the Council”

“Right, thank you, and are you going to the Isle”

“Yeah, I’m going to privately pick them up.”

Tally

I’m finally getting home with Esme after work. 

“Here, go put your stuff away and then I’ll help you with your homework. I’m going start on dinner”

“K K” she giggles, skipping off to her room.

I look in the cabinet and find a can of beans, cheese, berries and a bag of moldy bread wraps. Yikes, I don't have a lot of food.

*knock knock*

“Who could this be?” I wonder out loud.

I walk over and open the door.

“Hey darling” Dad slurs. He’s wasted.

“Dad, what are you doing here?’ 

“ ‘eed money”

“Where did the money I gave you last month go?”

“ ‘pent it”

“Dad, I gave you 300 dollars. Things around here cost like 10 bucks. What have you been doing?  I was late on my rent!”

“Well darling I’m your father, and it your responsibility to-”

“No its not”

“Yeah- it is” he growls and smacks me across the face.

“I think you should leave” I demand. I don’t need Esme to walk in on this.

He grips my arm tightly, “Not till I ‘et me money”

I debate, I just want to get him out, “Fine”

He lets go of my arm so I go and grab 100 dollars.

“Here, now leave”

He huffs and then shuts the door.

I sigh before turning around. I walk back to the little burner I have and rip the moldy parts of the tortilla off before melting the cheese.

“Mama,”

“Yes sweetheart,”

“M’hungry”

“Okay Mama’s almost ready.”

I heat up the beans and put them and the quesadilla onto a plate with the berries. It’s not a lot but enough for her.

“Thanks Mama” she smiles.

She’s such a sweet kid.