Meeting with the Godmothers

Fairy Godmother

It’s around 7 am and I’m just starting up my computer when I hear a knock.

“Come in”

I see Evie come in with a redhead and a strawberry blonde little girl. This must be the girls Ben and Jane were telling me about.

“Oh hello girls,”

“Hi” the redhead smiles shyly.

“T, Esme, this is Fairy Godmother, the headmistress. Fairy Godmother this is Tallulah, and Esme”

“Welcome girls” I smile gently. I stretch my hand out to shake and the redhead softly shakes it,

“Hi, Esme can you say hi?”

“Hi!” she giggles hiding behind her sister?

“So I thought since you two are new I would have some students show you two around. Did you two bring your things?”

“Yesss” Esme smiles, holding her bag up.

“Is that it?” I ask, Tallulah has nothing with her, and Esme only has a small bag.

“Yeah,” Tallulah said hesitantly.

“Oh” I awkwardly shrugged.

“We’re working on that” Evie assures. 

I nod before pressing on the speaker, “Please send down Yasmine Reid, and Dizzy Tremaine”

“Dizzy?” Tallulah gasps looking toward Evie.

“Tally?!” Dizzy squeals.

“Dizzy!”

They both hug tightly, and Dizzy looks at Esme.

“Diz!” she squeals, jumping on the older girl.

“How are you?” Dizzy asks.

“Good, Mama, can you believe it!”

Mama? Tallulah is 16, and Esme is 7, did she have Esme at 9 years old? I mean Jane and Ben told me very little about the girls so I didn’t realize it might be that serious. I’m going to have a talk with her.

“I know right, -”

“Hi- I’m Yasmine Reid. Do you want to be friends? Wanna see the classroom?”

“Yes, can Mama come with us?” Esme asks.

“Well” Dizzy said crouching down, “I was going to take your mom to look at her classes, but maybe Aunt Evie could come walk down with you if it makes you feel better.”

Esme looks worried and tears start to fall so Tallulah quickly bends down too, “Honey, Aunt Evie is the best okay, and it won’t take long right-” “Right-” Evie nods. “And then how about this, I’ll come and swing by after I’m done to get you okay? I would never leave you if I didn’t have to okay? And I’m not leaving you right now”

Esme sniffles, “Okay”

“Okay? I know it must be scary to be brave, but I love you okay?” Tallulah smiles sadly, wiping her tears away with her thumb.

“Forever?”

“Forever and ever” She smiles and kisses her forehead giving her a hug.

Evie then takes her one hand as Yasmine takes her other. Once they leave Tallulah immediately starts tearing up.

“Hey, hey, hey, it’s okay” Dizzy said, bringing Tallulah into her own hug.

“I just hate to see her upset.”

“This is good for her, she’s getting to meet new people and it’s not good for her to be with you 24/7 seven days a week. You will benefit from this too. You can have a life outside of her. It’s okay to. This is new for both of you,”

“Thanks Diz, since when did you become so wise?”

“I’ve always been,” she laughs, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

“So are you girls ready? My daughter Jane Godmother is going to meet us there.” I question.

“Yeah” Tallulah sighs, running her hand through her hair.

Dizzy

I am so happy that Tally and Esme are finally here. I was sad to leave them but Tally said that Esme and her could get split up and she didn’t want that so she said she’d stay. As we show her around her classes we start telling her about her education schedule.

“You have Auradonian History, Virtues and Values, Algebra II, Lunch, Biology, Literature and then 2 electives.” I said reading off the list.

“Oh cool” she smiles.

“There are many electives including Cooking, Fashion, Programming, Woodshop, Fencing, etc,” Fairy Godmother adds giving Tally a pamphlet with all the clubs and electives.

“When do I start?”

“Tomorrow”

“Okay, uh what do you do Diz?”

“Well I worked out with Miss Godmother and Fairy Godmother let me do fashion and then for the second elective they let me leave early to help Evie with the business.”

Tally slowly nods, “Uh- I’m going to do Cooking and what is this oh uh- Book club?”

“Okay great-” Fairy Godmother smiles, when Jane walks up.

“Oh hi, sorry I’m late, just so many things to do, I’m Jane Godmother” she smiles, going to shake Tally’s hand.

“Tallulah, but most call me Tally”

“Great, well did Dizzy and my mom show you around?”

“Y-es-”

“She is going to do Cooking and Book Club for her electives.” I grin.

“Oh Mrs. Thatch (wife of Milo Thatch- Atlantis: The Lost Empire) will love to have a new member of the book club” Jane comments,

“Now that last thing, I wanted to ask you is that we got all the schooling records for Esme, but for you we only have from 1st- 3rd grade ” Fairy Godmothers says.

I understand the 1st to 3rd because that was before Esme. We worked at the shop and went to school. Tally didn’t go back to school because Esme was too young to be left alone so while I was at school her and Esme well more she would run the Curl Up & Dye Salon. The Core 4 would try to help Tally as best they could but most times she learned from us, so that she could focus on Esme.

“Um…” Tally starts awkwardly, “I uh- had to drop out.”

“At 9?”

“ Uh yeah Esme was born and she couldn't be left alone. My mother and father are not in the picture so I had to raise her.”

“Oh,-”

“The Core 4 and I helped to teach her some things.” I add giving Tally a warm smile.

“There are programs we set in place there for essentially ‘teen moms’” Jane said worried.

“Yeah but-”

“Tally's not really into that” I butt in saving her, “But mostly because her dad wanted money and so he forbade her to do anything but work. She also figured it’s easier with Esme too”

“That’s terrible” Jane and her mom exclaims, but I just clear my throat and say, “Oh we’re at the dorms, do you want to pick Esme up?”