Family Day Pt. 2

Elsa

"Oh- uh mom, dad this is Tally and Esme"

"Hi" we smile.

"I'm Anna and this is my husband Kristoff"

"Tally, Esme this is my mom, my dad. Lise is my older sister- "Hi" and my little siblings Kelly and Andy. This is Aunt Elsa- "Hi, it's nice to meet you both. I'm Anna's older sister" and her husband Jack "Hi it's a pleasure" and last but not least their son Elliot "Hey, what's up" "

"Hi" they shyly wave.

"And this is my mom Rapunzel- "Hello nice to meet you both" and this is my dad Eugene "Hiya" This is my older sister Rachel "Hi guys, you both are so pretty" ". Ryan explains.

"So are you" Esme giggles.

"You're just too cute" Rachel grins.

"Thank you" she smiles again.

"So how are you liking Auradon?" Jack asks.

"I lOvE it here!" Esme squeals.

The whole group laughs.

"Really?" Tally plays.

"Oh course Mama." she says in a duh tone, "I get to play with Lizzie, Yasmine and Warren"

Mom?

"You're a mom?" Rapunzel asks curiously.

"Uh yeah-"

"Oh you haven't heard?" We hear a snarky voice.

I recognize the girl as Megan, Meg's daughter. With her are what I am guessing are her friends. Looking at them it seems like it might be Snow White's daughter, concluding from the long silky black hair, and Ally's daughter with the signature blonde hair and blue dress. Judging from what Ryan has told us, she is a bully and not liked by most parents and kids. The group spins around and suddenly everyone is glaring apart from Tally and Esme.

Oh no I can sense stuff is about to go down.

"What do you want?" Ash asks back.

"Does someone by the name of Quinton ring a bell?" Sasha laughs.

Tally seems to pale at the mention of the name.

"Oh, is he Esme's father?" Megan acts shocked.

By now everyone is looking at us.

"He's not" Tally mutters.

"Are you sure?" Ally laughs.

"You were 9 when you got knocked up. They say our brains are not fully developed. Maybe you got confused or something '' Sasha smiles evilly.

"Mama, what is she talking about?"

The whole party has practically stopped to stare at us. I feel so bad for Tally. She is getting accused of all this stuff and the poor girl is ready to cry.

"You know what, it is so sad that you are degrading a poor mom. So what if she had a child really young." Anna defended.

"Have you even asked about the situation? Do you even know the whole situation or are you too busy judging her?" I asked, becoming increasingly annoyed. Who is she to judge this girl? I thought Anna, Rapunzel and I sent our children to Auradon Prep for a loving, safe, and pure environment, not this. I am going to have a long conversation with Ben, Jane, and Fairy Godmother about this. This is absolutely unacceptable.

The three girls look embarrassed facing the group that's now formed around Tally and Esme. It is our families and their friends. I know that all of us will defend them.

Suddenly a small voice speaks up, "Quinton was my-he was like a brother"

We look to see that Tally has tears in her eyes but she is not backing down.

"Ewww, you had a child with your brother?" Ally gags.

"Esme is my little sister. She was born when I was 9, but my mom left, and Hans, well he's not the best father. I raised Esme so she chooses to call me her mom, because that is how she sees me. Now as for Quinton, he was a good friend. He passed away protecting Esme from some sketchy people on the Isle. Any other questions?"

The group for once was silent. They knew they were wrong, and it looked bad for them.

"She didn't want you" Sasha tries.

"Yes she does"

"Oh yeah" Sasha dares stepping closer before Tally gently pushes Esme behind her.

"Yeah I do" Tally responds

"Mama sing the song"

"What song?" Megan asks.

"My song, mama, sing my song" Esme says crying sadly.

In a soft voice we hear

One look at you
My whole life falls in line
The song starts slow, the man at the piano gently pressing soft chords.
I prayed for you
Before I called you mine
She sounds like a disney princess.

Oh, I can't believe it's true sometimes

I get to love you
It's the best thing that I'll ever do
I get to love you
It's a promise I'm making to you
Whatever may come your heart I will choose
Forever I'm yours, forever I do
I get to love you
I get to love you

The way you love
It changes who I am
I am undone
I thank God once again

Oh, I can't believe it's true sometimes

I get to love you
It's the best thing that I'll ever do
I get to love you
It's a promise I'm making to you
Whatever may come your heart I will choose
Forever I'm yours, forever I do

I get to love you
I get to love you
I get to love you
I get to love you

And they say love is a journey
I promise that I'll never leave
When it's too heavy to carry
Remember this moment with me

I get to love you
I get to love you
I get to love you

This song is one of the most beautiful things I have heard. Everyone has been stopped so that they can listen to it. There is not a dry eye here. I know everyone is feeling the same. This what Auradon is supposed to be known for. What happened?

Those two girls that just joined, they are the definition of Auradon. They describe who everyone strives to be. They strive to be the best versions of themselves. Is it easy? No, but these moments, the moments like these that remind us of our purpose.

Just wow.

- - - - -
Thank you too all who are reading this.