the note the man

I flip open the note and just stare at the beautiful handwriting it looks like old gothic writing. it's in cursive and so unique and pretty.

My dearest melody,
I have been looking for you for a long time. Now that I've found you, I won't let you go. I've watched you from afar and can only gather that you know nothing of who and what you are to me. I know this must sound strange and maybe alarming, but I do not wish to frighten you. I simply can not stay away from you any longer. I will see you soon, my love.
                      Forever yours, Damion

I suck in a sharp breath. Whoever this is knows my name where I live and apparently knows something about me, I don't know. He says he doesn't want to scare me, but how the hell does he think this wouldn't scare me? A note on my doorstep with a rose, yea that's not creepy. I sit the note down on my table and stand up. I tiptoe to my window like someone can hear me walking. I peek out of my curtains, wondering if I can see anyone out there. Nothing. Well, I was exhausted now. I have no idea how I'm going to sleep. I have a stalker! I almost feel special but reprimand myself for having a thought like that. Stalkers are creepy and most of the time dangerous, but the way he wrote the letter was like he was in love with me. I shake my head at myself and decide to go to bed and hope I can sleep.

Surprisingly, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out and went into a dreamless sleep. My eyes pop open and  I look to my clock 3:20 am I never wake during the night I'm too tired. suddenly I feel a chill run up my back, the hairs on my neck stand up, and my breath quickens. Someone's watching me, and I can feel them. I slowly turn my head and look towards my door. I see nothing as my eyes search around my room. I hear someone let out a breath, my head whips to the far corner, and I see a man standing there staring at me. I scream and reach for my lamp, turning it on. My eyes dart all around my room. No one's here. I'm freaking myself out. "No one's here, Mel. You just can't get the letter out of your mind. " I flop down on my back reach to turn the light out and bury my head under my pillow. My mind is playing tricks on me because I swear I hear footsteps in my room and hall, but whenever I look, there's nothing there. I toss and turn the rest of the night.

When the first sign of sunlight creeps in my window , I screw it and get up. I'm not sleeping anyway , as well as get a head start on cleaning.
I walk to the bathroom and do my business. I zombie walk to the coffee maker that hopefully works this morning it picks and chooses which days it's going to give me coffee. I set it up and hit the start button, holding my breath that it's going to start brewing. I see steam start coming out, and the first drips of coffee going into the pot. "YES!" i celebrate outloud thanking fred the coffee maker for having mercy on me this morning.
After I finish my coffee, I decide to get started on cleaning, but lucky me, I'm running low on almost all supplies and completely out of some. "Damnit, can't I catch a break. "Off to the store I go, I guess. Hopefully, I can find some cheap cleaners,"
I walk the couple of blocks to the small store and enter with one thing in mind. Cheap cleaning products.

Once I find the cleaner aisle I realize there are so many choices. of course the ones that are higher than 5 dollars a piece are out of the question I have 20 dollars to my name til Friday it's only Wednesday. I grab a couple of dollar cleaners and some sponges. This should do just fine. I get to the counter and set my things down so the lady can ring them up. I dig into my purse to grab my wallet, I open it, and start to panic. The money is gone. Where is it? It was here last night, I know it was. I'm always careful with my money, since I don't have much. I'm frantically searching through my purse while the lady behind the counter gives me strange looks. I can feel the sweat run down my back at the embarrassment. The money is nowhere to be found. I hang my head and sigh. "I'm sorry I can't find my money. I'll just go put these back." I sniffle a little and will myself not to cry. Can't I ever catch a break? Just once would be nice. "Here I got it" I hear a deep voice say. I look up and into the most beautiful green eyes ive ever seen. he hands the lady behind the counter some money, she takes it then hands him his change. I'm standing here staring at him like an idiot. He gives me a bright smile that seems to light up the whole place. "Here's your things, love." he hands me my bag of supplies and winks at me as he walks away. I'm still standing here frozen with my mouth wide open.

I hear someone clear their throat behind me and snap out of whatever daze I was just in. I look to the cashier and smile thanking her as I walk outside.
As soon as I step out into the parking lot, I see Mr. Green eyes standing next to an expensive looking car, and he's smiling at me. What could he possibly want from me? I put my head down and decided to power walk away, but someone grabbed my elbow to stop me "hi" I raised my head to see Mr Green eyes. "Can I give you a ride?" My brows raise, and my eyes widen. I'm just staring at him with my mouth wide open again. Damnit, Mel, get it together. You're acting like you've never seen a hot guy before. He chuckles a little at my silence then i finally snap out of my trance "umm no that's OK I just live a couple of blocks that way" I finally answer him motioning with my head the direction of my apartment. His face falls a little, but he recovers quickly, almost like it didn't happen it was so fast. " Then I'll walk you home. You shouldn't be walking alone in this neighborhood it's not safe even if it is first thing in the morning" I laugh at that because I live in this neighborhood I walk these streets alone almost daily I try not to use my car for small distances due to it almost breaking down. " What's so funny, sweetheart?" He says in a sultry voice. Sweetheart? Where did that come from? "It's just I live here and walk alone all the time I'll be fine" he narrows his eyes at me getting a little sterner he says "ill walk you" he grabs my hand and we head in the direction of my place. His leather glove feels soft and smooth on my hand. I've never felt real leather, but it has never been something I was that interested in getting. But the way this glove feels against my skin makes me want to get some. Then again, maybe it's the person that's wearing the glove. "What's your name, sweetheart?" My eyes shoot up to meet his. I had been staring at our joined hands. " m-melody, my names melody." he gives me a small smile and winks at me. He says something under his breath that I couldn't quite hear, but I swear he said "mine." Like some kind of mating werewolf.  I internally snort at that, because I mean come on, a werewolf?
We finally make it to my apartment building. I look up at him and smile I know my cheeks are red but I can't help it he's so gorgeous "well this is me, thanks for walking me home" he nods "anytime melody, hope to see you around" he turns and walks away while I stare at his retreating form. " yea in your dreams melody, you could never get a guy like that. He only seems interested in you because he wants to sleep with you." I huff out a breath and make my way to my place to get cleaning.

**************************
Alright guys bare with me on this one this is the first time I've written a book one part at a time I usually will sit and write almost the whole thing in one sitting then go back and edit so I will be going back over this book to edit 🙃 I may change some words or add some but not enough to make the book different thanks!