the date the truth

Melody

My alarm blares, and I am absolutely not ready to get up. After Damion left I fell asleep having the weirdest dream of Damion Logan and I all being together like in a relationship once the dream got to a sexy part I woke with a gasp noticing how sweaty I was the dream felt so real I could almost still feel their hands on me. Such a strange feeling.  I slam my hand on my alarm and drag myself out of bed. I have 3 orders to fill at the bakery today. Thankfully, they're all small orders.

Once I make it to work I say my goodmornings to Mona and walk directly to the back and start on the breakfast Danish and doughnuts I think imight make muffins this morning too the busier I keep myself the less likely for my mind to wonder back to the 2 men that have me all twisted up. I have 2 hours until we open, and we always have a nice crowd of people heading into work grabbing a quick breakfast. "Hey hun are you OK? No offense but you look like shit" Mona says to with her head sticking into the door to the kitchen "gee thanks for letting me know how awful I look today" I snort out "im just tired I couldn't sleep last night" she smiles at me which is odd she hardly ever smiles. " don't worry Mel you always look pretty I was just saying you look awful as opposed to your normal cheerful self, of course you're still pretty" she rolls her eyes and leaves mumbling about how she used to be the talk of the town. I shake my head at her and smile. I bet she was a real looker at my age, seeing as how pretty she still is even with her laugh lines and barely their crows feet. I look back down at the batter I started for the Danish. I wonder if Damion likes Danish? Ugh, get it together. Mel, stop thinking about him. Who cares if he likes those.

Once I have all the breakfast trays loaded and put in the glass case, I see a couple of people waiting outside for us to open. I look at the clock on the wall 5:45. Oh, who cares, close enough. I walk to the front door and unlock it. A lovely woman in business attire walks in thanking me for opening the door early since it's cold outside. Behind her a man walks in wearing a button down black shirt and black slacks he stops right in front of me and looks me directly in my eyes they were a grey color and I swear he was looking into my soul maybe reading my mind. "Good morning melody, how are you today, sweetheart?" What the hell? "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" I ask kind of freaked out. he smirks at me with that I know something you don't look on his face "oh no sweetheart not personally Logan told me to come here that you had the best Danish in town, he told me the pretty girl was named melody and well you're pretty so I assumed you were melody" he gives me a wolf like grin and I blush profusely "oh well thank you. I can't believe Logan said that" I mumble lowly to myself as I turn to go behind the counter to fill orders he chuckles and says under his breath "I can"

I don't think he meant for me to hear that but I did, it just made me blush even harder thank goodness my face felt cooler by the time I got the ladies order for her and this guy stepped up " so what can I get you mr...." he smirks again," just call me Luke. "  Luke, that suits him."ok Luke, what can I get for you?"A Danish, of course," smart-ass. "What kind of Danish luke?" I say his name with an edge to my voice. He grins, and it might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. "Fiesty I like it I'll have 2 cream cheese 2 cherry 2 apple and 2 blueberry "  my eyes widen a little " you feeding the neighborhood " " no just some ladies at work that love sweets" hmm ladies I bet he sleeps with at least one of them. "Actually, I dont." damn did I say that outloud? "YES, you did," damn it! Get it together. "Um, sorry, you just kinda look like the type," his eyes light up with mischief. " Oh, and what type might that be melody?" Gah, the way he says my name sounds like a prayer what is up with all the men lately. "You just look like someone that would be a player." I shrug my shoulders, trying to be nonchalant. "How do I look like that melody?what about me would give that impression?" Here comes the flushing again "well because you're good looking kinda charming have a cocky air about you which usually translates to player" I finish packing up his pastries hand him a box and walk to the register "that will be 21.48 please" he takes out his wallet and hands me a $50 I ring him up and go to hand him his change but he's already half way to the door "umm your change sir" he freezes and tenses up and turns around slowly the look on his face is hard to translate mad,sad,turned on? "Keep the change," he grinds out, then walks out the door. "Mad then." Was he really that upset that I called him a player? Truth hurts sometimes, I guess, or maybe he isn't like he said, and i just offended the hell out of him. I shrug my shoulders and continue my day.

Once work is finally over, I rush home to get ready for my date. I'm half excited and half worried after what Damion said about Logan, but I'm not going to let it ruin our date. I'll get a better read on him after being around him longer.

I'm almost done with my hair when I hear knocking on the door aw man he's early. I thought I had another 30 minutes. I sit my curling iron down and open the door "come on in I'm almost done getting ready you're early" "sorry I was excited couldn't wait any longer" I roll my eyes as I head back to the bathroom to finish my hair. that was totally a player thing to say. "Make yourself comfortable,"

We're in his car headed to whatever restaurant he is bringing me to and the longer I'm next to him, the more nervous I get. His presence is suffocating and he's so handsome it's hard to look directly at him "don't be nervous love it's just dinner" I give him a soft smile but it doesn't help my anxiety at all. We pull up to a nice Italian restaurant and I'm excited now I love food and Italian is my favorite. who doesn't love pizza and pasta? I'm so excited to eat I practically skip to the front door I hear Logan chuckle behind me "I take it you like Italian food, glad I went with this place then" I nod my head smiling big at him "it's my favorite "

Once we're seated and our food is ordered there's nothing left to do except talk this is where it's going to get awkward "so melody I heard luke came into the bakery this morning" "yea he freaked me out a little when he knew my name but then he explained you told him the pretty girl was named melody" I look down at the table while fidgeting with the table clothe I can't seem to look into his eyes while I talk to him." Well yes I did say that its the truth you are the prettiest girl I've ever met" and another player thing to say "look at me melody" I raise my head up to look at him but still not directly into his eyes "melody, look at me" he says softly with a huskiness to it. "YES sir" I say as I look into his eyes I don't know why I said that but as soon as my eyes meet his they look golden and dilated he blinks and they're green again.
I gasp and put my hand over my mouth what the hell was that? I did not imagine that "whats wrong" he asks with a confused look "you, your eyes they- I mean they were green then gold then green" his face falls and he looks at me with concern "what do you mean? Are you alright?" I stand abruptly and  almost yell."im fine, I know what I saw! something wrong with you!" He tries to grab my hand but I yank it away "please sit down melody you're making a scene, sit down and I'll explain" I shake my head I can't handle this right now whatever THIS is. "No I'm going home I don't want you to explain"  turn on my heel and almost run to the door I can hear Logan calling after me but I don't stop somethings wrong with him somethings wrong with Damion.
first Damion dissappears into thin air now logans eyes are changing colors ? Nope nuh uh not today. I can't handle this. I run all the way back to my apartments, luckily it wasn't that far. I run inside and slam my door shut. Once it's locked up tight, i strip out of my dress and put on my fuzzy pjs. I need to feel comfy right now it calms me.
Then there's a hard banging on my door "melody open the door we need to talk," Logan yells from outside "no I don't want to talk to you! ever! Go away, " he bangs again."I can't do that melody, open the door before I break it down"
SHIT