Chapter 10

~ normal

~ sign language

~ M/N speaking

~ thoughts

On Chapter 9

'Dog-teasing grass...?' "You mean wild foxtail millet. With that, perhaps we can make it. Something that humans in the old world used to love. The most delicious food in the world." I grinned.

Senku POV

Time Skip (next day)

We then let the lioness cut up all the foxtail millet, since her combat was the best of all of us. "We're making gourmet survival food from scratch. This is so exciting. " I stated, while me and Suika were whacking  the husks until they were removed.

'Wild foxtail millet is ten billion percent good grain. It's the ancestor of rice.'

"It looks filthy." "It's so hairy." The girls commented. While we were waiting for Chrome to get water. "After Chrome gets back with the water, throw the foxtail millet in and stir. Then take out, the foxtail millet grains and put it in the basket over there." I pointed at the basket that I was referring to. "I'll go wake Ani-chan up first, since it might take a while."

I then walked into the hut to wake Ani-chan up. "Ani-chan, wake up wake up. You have to cook today." "I'm up......." "Don't fall asleep again." I then went out and went to help the others.

M/N POV

I then woke up feeling energized since I got a lot of sleep yesterday. I went out of the hut and saw they were done washing the grain? I guess? "What's this?" "Foxtail millet."

".....Looks like it's my turn to shine?" I questioned.  "You can do it, M/N-chan!" Chrome encourages. "What are we making?" "Ramen." *Got it.*

I then grounded the millet, making it turned into flour. After grounding it, I then added a wild bird's egg and tenderize it using some potassium carbonate that ototo gave me and slowly yet efficiently knead it into a dough and letting it rest for around an hour. 

While that was resting, I started to make the broth by adding some water, chicken, spring onions and other herbs I could find, and some few bones that Senku found which I don't know where it came from.

Suika then suggested that she wants her broth to be filled with grilled fish, so I started to make another one that was stuffed with grilled fish and some non-spicy herbs for her.

After making Suika's broth, I then started to knead the dough again, and this time knead it into a flat one (?), and started chopping it up into noodle. 

The broth then slowly starts boiling making the place filled with the amazing aroma. "This aroma......" Kohaku and Chrome said and had slight blush on their face.

I then threw the noodles into the broth slightly making it warm a bit. I then filled a bowl with the soup and ingredients and last but not least, the noodles.

"We had a name for this insanely good Scientific food 3700 years ago. It's called 'ramen'." Senku grinned.

"And that is all!" I said and served their portions.

"But this is actually foxtail millet, isn't it?" Kohaku questioned. Poor Suika was trembling in fear about trying the ramen. "Yeah." Me and Senku answered Kohaku's question.

"As a Scientist, I should try new things without hesitation! I'll make sure it's safe!" Chrome exclaimed and then slurps the noodle. "How is it? It's been pretty a while since I last cooked." I asked Chrome, worried it might not taste well.