Chapter 2

02 | Tides of Ambition

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Harry Hook, son of Captain Hook, despised Auradon. He hated everything about that place. Harry's discontent grew even more after the King dared to bring four villain kids, rather than all, back to Auradon. Sure, his rebellious spirit would clash with the Kingdom's supposed harmony, but he found it unfair that no one else was given the chance to go.

The pirate couldn't wait for the day when all of Auradon bows down to his, Uma's, and Gil's feet. Those shiny people will pay. He wanted to achieve the dream his father couldn't achieve, to collect as much treasure as possible while he travels the world in his ship, maybe even make a stop at Neverland and get revenge on Peter Pan. In short, Harry wants to explore the world and become filthy rich.

—————

Harry Hook wandered the run-down streets of the Isle with an intimidating look that mirrored his father's. Harry's piercing blue eyes scanned the narrow paths, boots clinking against the uneven cobblestone ground. The male was in a rather sour mood, so he wanted to cause some trouble. That would surely brighten his mood.

He stepped inside a run-down salon. This salon was owned by the infamous stepfamily of Cinderella, Curl Up N' Dye. He scanned the small, colorful room, making sure Dizzy wasn't there. Even if she was, it wouldn't matter as he would get his way either way. Harry dragged his rusty hook across the cash register before opening it.

"What are you doing?" A young voice asked,

Harry turned to the voice with a brow arched up. "What does it look like, ay?" He pulled open the drawer, ready to grab whatever was in there. But to his disappointment, there was only dust. The money he had been anticipating, unfortunately, wasn't there. It was an empty register.

"Where is the money?" He growled,

Dizzy gulped, she had not had a single customer since the last time Harry came. That was 3 days ago. "I didn't have any new customers."

Harry slammed his fist against the wooden desk in frustration. Now filled with regret for not showing up to work. The pirate was too lazy to go. He had assumed that Dizzy would have some for him. He much preferred stealing instead of working.

"I'll be back soon. You better have made some money, ye' hear me?" He demanded. Dizzy nodded her head vigorously before the intimidating man left.

—————

Harry sat at a table in Ursula's Fish n' Chips with his good friend Gil, son of Gaston. He flipped through the television channels, hoping to find something interesting. He halted as he landed on the news channel. A broadcaster was interviewing new and upcoming Auradon Prep students. Attending there was a big deal as it was ranked the number one school in the United States of Auradon.

The pirate scoffed at the television. It was obviously a way to just promote the prestigious school. He was about to change the channel once again, but his attention was suddenly seized by a mesmerizing sight.

"Hi," Snow White, the interviewer, greeted a fairy with a fake smile. "We know you're new here, so introduce yourself and tell us what you think of the school!"

"Hello, I-I'm Pixie Bell... M- My mother is Tinker Bell." The fairy gave a timid smile. "Well, it's my first day here at..."

There, on the screen, was none other than Pixie Bell, the daughter of Tinker Bell, radiating an enchanting glow that transcended the boundaries of the Isle. Harry's eyes narrowed, a wicked grin forming on his lips. An idea formed in his head. The thought of capturing her and harnessing the power of her pixie dust ignited a spark of ambition within him.

In the mesmerizing glow of the screen, Harry envisioned a daring escapade. The thrill of flying over Auradon, looting treasures from unsuspecting lands, and reveling in the freedom that had long eluded him filled his mind. Pixie dust could be the key to unlocking a world of possibilities. And the fairy was just across from him. If only the barrier wasn't there, then they wouldn't be two worlds apart.

"I need this girl," He stood, pointing his hook at the box.

"Huh, I didn't know you were into Auradon girls." Laughed Gil, not understanding what Harry was on about.

Harry face palmed, "I need her for my plan, ye' idiot! This fairy's pixie dust will help my ship fly."

"Ohhh," The blonde boy nodded his head. "But she's in Auradon?"

"I know that, but still," Harry rolled his eyes. If he had the chance to capture this fairy, he would do it in a heartbeat. He would use her pixie dust to fly around the globe and steal all kinds of valuables!

"Good luck with that," Uma smirked, raising her brows in amusement. As much as she supported her friend and his goal, she knew it would never work out. 16 years of living, and she still hasn't seen the clear sky. It was least likely that they'd escape the Isle.

Harry Hook knew that his father and Tinker Bell had a history. His dad tried to capture Tinker Bell but ended up failing. Harry knew that if he could capture Pixie Bell, his father would be so proud.

The interview ended before switching to the familiar purple-haired girl eating strawberries with King Ben. Harry and Uma's faces darkened. The daughter of Ursula stomped her way towards the TV and yanked the plug out of the outlet. The screen flickered before turning to a pitch-black color. Ever since Mal turned good, she had been appearing on the screen nonstop. It annoyed the Pirate crew. She and her group were their sworn rivals. It wasn't fair that they could live a lavish life while they rot in this prison.

"That should be me! I should be there, living in Auradon. Not that wretched grape!" Uma yelled in anger. The Cecaelia longed to be in Mal's shoes, living the dream. "If I were her, I would take down the barrier! But no, Mal only wants to keep Auradon to herself. She's nothing but a selfish—"

"Prick," The Pirate finished her sentence. "Don't worry, Uma. We'll get our revenge."

"Ugh, yeah, like in 30 years. We're never getting out of here." Uma stormed off into the kitchen, feeling dejected. She was sick of waiting so might as well give up. The Isle was a prison, a relentless reminder of a life confined to shadows and scraps. Auradon, on the other hand, represented everything Uma wanted—freedom, prosperity, and a chance at a better life but not just for her, for all the villain kids.

Harry disagreed. He could feel that someday, they'll get off this awful island. He just didn't know when, but hopefully soon.

"Aw man, now she's gonna be in a bad mood." Gil pouted, resting his hand on his cheek. Gil too, would love to leave the Isle. He also shared the same yearning as his Pirate friend. Gil always said that it doesn't hurt to be hopeful for something.

Harry ignored Gil's complaint and walked out of the restaurant and towards the dock where his ship floated. He needed to gather his thoughts after seeing the news. He gazed at the rough waters. The waves, despite the rough edges, moved with calmness. It was as if it was holding a hidden serenity beneath the tumultuous appearance.

The ocean always held a sense of peace for Harry, it held him together. Maybe it was his inner pirate talking, but it's true. He breathed in the salty air, a subtle brine scent emitting from the ocean. All his life, he had been surrounded by these unfriendly waves, but he learned to find beauty in them. A sense of determination washed over him. I'll get outta here, just you wait, fairy. Your precious dust shall be mine.