Chapter 3

03 | Enchanted Beginnings

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Pixie Bell walked aimlessly in the vast halls of Auradon Prep, trying to find Algebra. It was her first day, she couldn't be late! The hallways were empty, only a few students were still out. It had been 10 minutes since class started. Should I ask for help?

The young fairy needed to muster up the courage to ask someone She was getting nowhere with finding the class. The school was like a maze. The fairy spotted a girl who was rummaging through her locker, wearing a baby blue button-up dress. She had dark chocolate hair with a white bow on the back of her head. Judging by her appearance, Pixie assumed she was nice.

"H-Hello? Um, hi can you, uh, help me find room 202?" Asked the fairy,

The girl closed her locker, "Oh yeah, it's right over..." She looked around before pointing, "here!"

Pixie smiled, grateful for the student's help. "Thank you so much!" She thanked before running to her class.

Arriving breathless and late, Pixie Bell stumbled into a room filled with curious gazes. Pixie felt embarrassment envelope her from all the stares. She noticed the teacher and went up to him.

"Hi, sorry for coming late, I got lost." The brunette apologized, fumbling with the hem of her pastel green dress anxiously.

The teacher sighed, "Name?"

"Pixie Bell."

"You can sit wherever you'd like. I hope you're familiar with Algebra 2, if not, well just ask one of your classmates for help."

She found a familiar face, Mal, who gestured for her to take the empty seat beside her. The intimidating aura surrounding Mal dissipated as she offered a friendly smile. Pixie forgot that she was also in the class.

"Hey there, was wondering when you'd show up," Mal smirked

"Yeah... got lost." "And now I need to get caught up with everyone since I don't know anything about this class," Pixie whined.

"Don't worry, I got you. We can work together whenever I have an A so,"

Pixie was happy to know that she had made her first friend in this foreign place. But, there was also some doubt about their blossoming friendship. Pixie was never able to keep her friends, usually they would die out. This friendship was probably no different, sadly.

"So, you're Maleficent's daughter?" Pixie wondered, she already knew the answer to that but wanted to keep the conversation going.

"Yeah, a VK, why? Does it bother you?" Mal frowned, just because she was the King's girlfriend, didn't mean that she'd automatically be liked. It was hard for her at times because of her background.

"No! No, um, I was just asking since you've adapted to this new environment and I just wanted to a-ask for tips." The fairy asked.

"Ohh, well you know, just try to be friendly, talk to people, and also be confident. Yeah at first I struggled but I learned to adjust." Mal explained.

Pixie Bell gave a short nod before attempting to work on the assignment the teacher had handed out. She frowned at the first question. Of course, she couldn't do it because she didn't even know what they were learning. She had to take Mal up on that offer.

Pixie glanced around the classroom. There were posters of different math symbols and motivational quotes. But, something caught her attention, her brown doe eyes widening at the sight of a ship in a painting.