Chapter 6

06 | Conflicted Feelings

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Pixie Bell stirred from her restless slumber, squinting at the bright room. Has it turned day already? As she sat up, she felt an unexpected warmth enveloping her small frame. Her eyes widened as she discovered an old shirt, torn and fashioned into a makeshift blanket, gently draped over her.

It was an unusual gesture, given the circumstances, and she didn't understand why her captor would extend such an oddly humane touch. If it was her captor, that is.

Her attention shifted to a small plate of tiny dull yellow sticks placed inside the wooden lantern. The unfamiliar aroma filled her nostrils.

Bewilderment etched her features as she inspected the odd dish. It didn't appear to be the meat of an animal. It dawned on her that someone, likely her captor, had left it there. A short moment of gratitude fluttered within her, but she quickly squashed it.

"What, never had fries before? Potatoes?" Pixie jumped at the voice. The Pirate is always lurking in her blind spots— It was bothersome for the girl.

He chuckled at her uncertainty, "Don't worry, 's not meat. In fact, it's a vegetable, so I'd say it's pretty healthy."

Pixie hesitantly reached for a piece of the fry. She had never seen a potato made into that. The initial skepticism lingering in her eyes softened as her taste buds were met with an unexpected delight. It was surprisingly flavorful, although cold for being left overnight.

A small, involuntary smile tugged at the corners of Pixie's lips. With each bite, she couldn't deny the strange blend of gratitude and confusion that swirled within her. She couldn't shake the realization that her captor, Harry Hook, might not be as heartless as he portrayed himself.

Pixie stole a glance at the man. Were his eyes always so blue and mysterious? Pixie, now noticing Harry's features, couldn't look away. He was handsome, without a doubt. Splinters Pixie, he's a pirate! What are you thinking?

As Harry witnessed the fairy savoring the food. The realization that she was the first person to genuinely enjoy a meal on the Isle of the Lost sparked an unexpected warmth within him.

Harry chuckled to himself, acknowledging the strange and almost wholesome turn of events. It was a fleeting break from the ruthless reputation he carried, and in that moment, the lines between captor and captive blurred. "Good, huh? Well, yer' the first to actually enjoy it. Guess Uma really put her heart into it."

Harry got up and unlocked the cage. He caressed the little fairy, gently stroking her hair with his hook. "When we leave this place, I'll treat u to a nicer meal, my ducklin'." He winked.

Despite having an opportunity to fly away, she didn't. Instead, Pixie practically melted from his touch. The Pirate was giving her stomach butterflies. He sure did have a way with words. No one had ever flirted with her. She didn't believe she was attractive enough to receive any kind of affection. Pixie shyly gave a hug to his hand, showing her appreciation.

The Pirate couldn't help but be memorized by the mystical girl. He never thought he would catch feelings for an Auradon girl. At first, when he saw her on television, he only assumed she was a spoiled and bratty girl. All he wanted from her was the golden dust. But now that he met her in person, he desired more than just that. He wanted the Fairy.

"I hope ye' know yer' mine now, lassie." Pixie drew in a sharp breath, her cheeks growing even redder. She whispered a short "oh," but the Pirate, only heard a jingle.