Chapter 5

05 | Captured Wings

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Mal's not... Coming back..." Ben stood, in disbelief. Mal told him that she was not fit for him or Auradon. It stung when those words were said.

Everyone looked at him, dismayed and hurt. No one expected that response from Mal. She did express her longing to go back, but they simply brushed over it.

The King gripped on the ring that Mal returned. It was the signet ring he gave her the day of his coronation. Ben smiled to himself at the precious memory, but it faded. Ben should've been more understanding during their short picnic.

He wanted to break down. He ruined everything. He walked off, needing to be alone for a moment to process everything. Was it officially over between them? Pixie couldn't sit back and watch. She followed Ben, wanting to comfort the heartbroken boy.

"I'll talk to her." Evie walked up to the pole. "M?" She called but there was no response. "Mal, It's Evie. Let me just talk to you for a second. Mal, come on."

"Go away!" Mal yelled in frustration. She wanted an escape from the royal life, from everything. The Auradon life was not meant for her. She wasn't about to let her friends bring her back.

Jay knew she needed time be alone, he could tell by the tone in her voice. "Let's give her a couple hours to cool off," Jay suggested, moving Evie away.

"Guys! Where's Ben?" Exclaimed Carlos, capturing the group's attention. Just a second ago Ben was with them.

"Ben?" They yelled in unison. "Ben!" Their voices filled with worry.

A figure emerged in the distance. Evie placed her hands on her waist. "Ben, don't scare us like that!" She sighed in relief. Who knows what would've happened if they lost the King of Auradon?

"Don' scare you?" A masculine voice taunted. "That's my speciality."

Everyone froze at the familiar voice. They knew that Scottish accent from anywhere. Their eyes widened as they saw none other than Captain Hook's son, step out of the dark with a mischievous smile plastered on his face.

"What did you do with Ben?" Carlos demanded. It was clear that Harry Hook had something to do with their friend's disappearance.

"Oh, uh, we knicked him!" Harry said innocently. He wanted to toy with the three for a little. "Ah, and the fairy too, mhm, yeah."

The group looked at the empty spot where Pixie once was floating. They just lost two people in less than five minutes. Mal is going to be furious at them.

Harry laughed out loud at their surprised faces. This oughta to be a good laugh for the villain. "And if you want to see him again, have Mal come to the Chip Shoppe tonight. Alone. Uma wants a... Little visit."

Harry gazed in judgment at the ex-villains. "Aw, Jay." He pouted. "Seems like you've lost your touch." He teased, stepping back as Jay tried to pounce on him before Evie held him back. He then averted his attention to the puppy-like boy. He barked at Carlos before walking off. His whistling grew quieter.

—————

In a dimly lit room, Pixie Bell awoke disoriented and surrounded by an eerie silence. As her eyes adjusted, she realized she was confined within a wooden lantern. Panic set in, the unfamiliar surroundings fueling her anxiety. She didn't remember coming here.