4.9

"Yeah. We had a good chat." I replied as I walked over next to Phil and sat beside him. Techno supervised and stood against a wall, just watching. Eret went to go get some tea for us and left towards the kitchen.

Phil set his book down on a small side table and looked over at me, a big smile spreading ear from ear. "So how have you been?" He asked with a chipper attitude. 

"I've been good I guess. What about you?" He leaned back in his seat as Eret came back with a tray of tea. They came over to us both and set the tea tray down on the table in front of us. They then sat across from us in an armchair, having a pleasant, greeting smile on.

"I've been fine." Phil leaned forward and poured himself a cup of tea, sipping on it. "Oh this is good. Mate you got good taste." Phil complimented to Eret, getting a simple nod back.

I just sat there awkwardly, crossing my legs like a fucking god. Then a voice split the air. It was Techno's.

"So dad.." He took a breath and made his way over, sitting beside Eret, across from us in a different armchair. "Wanna share what you been cooking up lately?" Phil smiled at the idea and clasped his hands together, nodding vigorously. 

"Oh I'd love to!" He remarked with a burst of energy. Phil turned to me and began talking, all 3 of us listening to him. "Yesterday I made stew with carrots and peas. It was good but.. I forgot the spices. Techno gave me the weirdest facial expression when he tasted it." Eret chuckled a bit and then spoke. "I'd love to have seen that. I can barely see him with any expressions at all."

Techno chuckled and reached a hand over, giving Eret a gentle shove to the shoulder. "Really now? What about when Y/n threw a pie at my face?" I burst into a snicker to myself as Eret had a smirk painting their lips.

"That- okay you did have a pretty funny face. Plus, you looked like a snowman!" Techno gave Eret a look and shook his head a bit. "The pie was good though." He smiled a bit and sat back, crossing his arms.

"Hell yes it was. I'm the best damn baker ever." Eret raised a brow at me and scoffed. "Oh please. You mistaken baking soda for flower once. You almost killed me!" I laughed at their words and nodded. "True, true." Phil then sat up, raising his hand. "Wait a minute! Niki is the best, no offense Y/n." I nodded. "No offense taken Mr. Bird." Phil chuckled and fluttered his wings a bit.

"Yeah I remember that you goober." He reached over a hand and ruffled my hair, making me pout. Techno gave him a glare and he took back his hand, keeping it in his lap. "Sorry."

"I can agree. Niki has the best bakery." Techno chimed in, looking around at all of us. I nodded and so did everyone else. My gaze lingered around the room as they chatted about the bakery. My eyes hit the fireplace and saw that it was going out. Then I looked at the wood pile. 

I groaned in annoyance at seeing that there was no wood. Phil looked over at me with a confused face. "What? What's wrong?" He asked in a worried tone. I glanced over to him as I got up standing and turning to them. 

"Nothing, I just need to get some more wood. Be back in a bit." Techno and Eret nodded and started talking again as I walked away. Phil just watched you leave, a slight frown marking his face. His wings tensed up a bit and he felt like coming with you, but no, he stopped himself from doing so.

"What do you think Phil? Eret asked, making him snap from his gaze. He gave a gentle smile and waved off an apology for not paying attention. "Sorry, what did you say mate? Wasn't paying attention." Techno looked at him with suspicion in his eyes but waved it off for now at least.

I walked outside the castle now, my axe in hand. Making my way into the forest, I got to my wooden cutting block. Then I started to chop a tree down with ease, chopping it to cut table chunks. 

After I cut the wood into smaller pieces to drag, I dragged some to the cutting block. I started to chop them into firewood, but the whole time I felt eyes. I didn't know where, but I felt eyes. I didn't like being watched.

Once finished, I looked around at the trees around. Something caught my eye. A orange thing of fur slightly sticking out behind a tree. I chuckled to myself and put an arm on my hips, looking at the fur. 

"Fundy. What are you doing snooping around?" I asked in a loud-ish voice. He knew he was caught and came out from behind the tree, holding his tail as if he did something bad. 

"I- uh.. hi.." He whispered a bit, looking down with his ears flat. I furrowed my brows at the fox hybrid. "Why are you holding your tail? You didn't do anything wrong." I came over with my axe and gave him a pet on the head. His ears popped right up and he dropped his tail, a content smile on his face.

"Wanna come back with me? I could use some help as well." Fundy looked up and nodded his head, skipping over to my side. Both of us grabbed some wood, and I grabbed my axe. 

We set out to the castle, walking through the woods along the way. "So Fundy." He looked over to me when I spoke. "Why were you watching me?" Fundy looked back ahead as we walked.

"I saw you and wanted to see what you were doing." I nodded. "Well next time just come up, don't be scared of me. I don't bite." Fundy laughed a little bit and my eyes widened. It was like a tiny little fox laugh. It was so FRIGGIN ADORABLE!

"Fundy oh my gosh. Your laugh is so cute dude!" Fundy smiled a bit at this as we walked, almost there. "Thanks. Do you still have small schlong?" I nodded as we entered into the castle. "Cool." He remarked. 

We walked into the library and the 3 were still talking away. Fundy helped me restock the fire and storage then we went over to them. The group looked over to us and Fundy's tail swayed a bit. 

"Hi grandpa!" He said happily, sitting beside him. Phil looked over and smiled. I stood beside Eret's chair with wide eyes. Grandpa? How in the living heck is a bird a grandpa to a fox. 

"Grandpa?!" I said with shock in my voice. Phil looked up to me and smiled brightly. "Yes, grandpa!"