v

v | you don't know me, but i know you

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

❝what if i told you i feel like i know youbut we never met?❞

but we never met?❞

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Aliyah and Lyra were bundled up in their winter coats, hats, scarfs, and gloves as the snow crunched beneath their boots. They walked with their arms looped together, stepping in sync down the sidewalk towards the park.

It had been a few weeks since Lyra left Malfoy Manor, and she was the happiest she's been in months. Living with the Colemans was like being on a permanent vacation. She could sleep as late as she wanted, eat whenever she wanted, stay up late talking to her best friend, and be herself without worrying about being reprimanded by her older sister.

"You know, I think it's rather funny," Aliyah said, giggling. "In a way, it's like a big fuck you to them."

"Are you mad?" Lyra chuckled a little and shook her head. "Bellatrix was furious. You should've seen her face. I wouldn't have even made it out if it weren't for Narcissa."

"Narcissa is such a MILF." Aliyah sighed dreamily and leaned her head against Lyra's.

"Ew! Ali!" Lyra playfully shoved the taller girl's shoulder. "Don't talk about my sister like that," she said with a small pout. "It's weird."

"What? It's true." Aliyah laughed. "She is very good looking. And she's taken care of you all these years. Anyone who's protected my unbiological sister is MILF-able in my opinion."

Lyra stifled a laugh. "MILF-able? Is that even a real word?"

"It is now." Aliyah shrugged. They turned down the street, the park coming into view. There were a few other people there – a young woman pushing a baby on one of the toddler swings and another woman sitting on the bench reading. "Looks like others had the same idea we did."

Lyra froze in her tracks. She reached for Aliyah's arm and pulled her back when she tried to step onto the playground.

"What is it?" Aliyah asked, frowning softly.

"Um, I-I think we should maybe go," Lyra whispered, nervously looking at the baby. It was the same one from the grocery store.

"But we just got here." Aliyah started walking towards the playground. "We don't have to stay long."

Lyra pulled the hood of her jacket up over her head and hesitantly followed. Maybe she'd get lucky and the brunette woman on the bench wouldn't recognize her. She wasn't allowed to be in contact with the "blood traitors" of their family, and while she didn't believe the same things Bellatrix did, she didn't want to risk getting on thinner ice with her if she somehow found out.

"Who's this?" 6 year old Lyra asked. She placed the heavy photo album she was looking through in Bellatrix's lap and pointed to one of the pictures. "She looks like you."

"Where did you get this?" Bellatrix asked irritably, glaring at the small blonde.

"It was in Cissy's room–" Her sentence was cut off as Bellatrix slammed the photo album shut. She stood up off the couch and stormed out of the living room, Lyra following close behind. "Bella, who's the girl in the picture? I...I didn't mean to make you mad, I'm just–"

Bellatrix whirled around, her jaw clenched. "She's no one. She's dead to us. Do you understand?"

"But why?" Lyra asked, pouting a little. "Who is she?"

"She's no one!" Bellatrix snapped. "Don't ever ask about her again!"

Later that night, Lyra asked Narcissa about the girl in the picture. She told her that it was their sister, Andromeda, who was disowned for ruining the blood purity of their family. Lyra didn't understand why blood status was more important than family, but she knew better than to question their values and beliefs.

"Cute baby," Aliyah said, smiling softly at the young woman as she sat down on one of the swings. "How old is he?"

"He'll be a year old in April," the woman replied. She had dirty-blonde hair and brown eyes. The baby boy in the swing giggled when he spotted Lyra, who was holding her hand up to the side of her face in another attempt to keep her identity hidden from them. His hair turned a frosty blue colour that matched her eyes. "Teddy!" the woman gasped.

"Wait, it's okay! We're magical too." Aliyah picked a wood chip off the ground and used wandless magic to levitate it in the air. Relief fell across the young woman's face, and the baby – Teddy – giggled and clapped his hands. "You're a metamorphmagus, aren't you, little guy?" she asked him. "I've read about them. I think it's cool how they're able to change their appearance on command."

"His changes about 50 times a day," the woman said, chuckling as she ruffled her son's blue hair. "He's still too young to know how to control it."

"Ahh baba boooo." Teddy kicked his little feet. He reached a grabby hand out to Lyra, babbling incoherently.

"Lyra, are you okay?" Aliyah asked the blonde, who had hid her face completely with her hair, kneeling next to Aliyah on the side opposite of where Teddy was.

"I really think we should go," Lyra whispered as Aliyah pushed her hair back.

Hearing the name, the brunette woman on the bench looked up from the book she was reading. Lyra glanced over at her, and they made eye contact. It was like that moment in the grocery store all over again – that feeling like they knew each other, but they've never met.

"Lyra." The woman set her book aside and walked up to her as Aliyah pulled her up off the ground, a small smile spreading across her lips. "Lyra Black."

Lyra chewed the inside of her cheek, wrapping her arms around her body. "Hi, Andromeda."