viii

viii | busted

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

❝hell raising, hair raisingi'm ready for the worst❞

i'm ready for the worst❞

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

It was a sunny spring day when Lyra's months of freedom came to an end.

It had started out like any other Saturday morning. She woke up at 8:32 A.M., got dressed for the day, and went downstairs for breakfast. Andromeda had made chocolate chip pancakes knowing that they were Lyra's favourite. After breakfast, she helped Andromeda clean up the kitchen before going with her on a walk around the neighbourhood. Lyra was opening up more, and the two were beginning to form a relationship similar to the one that she had with Narcissa. The only difference was that it wasn't in a motherly way, but in an older sister way.

Lyra liked Narcissa more as an older sister than a mother, but she understood why she felt the need to play a parental role in her life.

When they got back to the house, they worked together to get lunch ready – homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese for them, Tonks, and Remus, and scrambled eggs and avocado for Teddy. After lunch, Lyra went upstairs to Teddy's nursery to play with him. He showed her his letter blocks, and she worked with him to spell a few easy words, including his own name.

"High-five, little buddy." Lyra held her hand up, and Teddy hit it with a giggle. She gently ruffled his blue hair. She watched as he began to stack the blocks. When the block tower got too high for him to reach, Lyra saw it as a perfect opportunity to practice her wandless magic to help him make it taller.

Teddy clapped his hands and laughed as he watched the blocks float in the air.

"Wanna see something cool?" Lyra asked, smiling when Teddy nodded eagerly. She took a deep breath and concentrated on levitating multiple blocks up at once, stacking them in a pyramid.

"Ooooooh!" Teddy jumped up and down happily at the magic. He walked up to the pyramid of blocks and knocked it over, grinning innocently at Lyra.

The blonde chuckled. "You're silly." She bent down to pick up the blocks. "Can you help me put these away?"

Teddy shoved his binkie into his mouth and helped Lyra put his blocks away in the toy box. When they were done, he lifted his arms up and made grabby motions to his aunt, who picked him up. They went downstairs, and Lyra froze in her tracks, her face going pale when she saw who was there.

Oh, fuck.

I'm dead.

I'm fucking dead.

She's gonna kill me.

Rest in peace me. RIP me.

"Say goodbye, Lyra," Bellatrix said coldly, her hard brown eyes glaring at the teenager.